What's new

Back to the land of cold water shaving

Today it was a beautiful day. Warm. Sunny. Perfect day for starting cold water shaving once again.

Hard to beat the first cold water shave of the "season"

Face lathered:

Soap: Mike's Natural barber shop scent - shave stick
Brush: Muhle V2 synth (19mm knot)
Razor: Merkur 37c slant head
Blade: Vintage Gillette spoiler
AS Treatment: Thayers witch hazel (rose petal scent)

Cologne: Caswell-Massey Tricorn

proxy.php

80º today means another cold water shave.

I enjoy cold water shaving when it is warm/hot outside.

I always get a more comfortable shave using cold/cool water.

I guess it is almost time to "shelf" the scuttles until next cold season

Shave sticks and face lathering is my favorite cold water lathering method.

Today I think I will give my Arlington stick a run. Always enjoy using Arlington shave stick

proxy.php

I've said it before, but that is a beautiful handle! :thumbup1:

I like that style quite a bit.

Here are a couple others I considered before getting that one (these are no slouches either).

Progress razor is REALLY nice and Bob did some fantastic things with them

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's true he did fantastic handles for the Progress. In my opinion all of them are really beautiful. I especially like that "bell end " style!

Agree with Mr Blast, lovely handle.

Hey turtle, are you showering with warm water and then cold water shaving?

This past week, after peeking into the Cold Water Shavers thread, I've taken a turn at the task. I really like it and find it refreshing. I take a hot shower while soaking my brush in cold water, load my brush, then shock my face with cold water from the basin before lathering up. It's great for the warm weather we've been experiencing recently.

I tried my first cold water shave a few days ago. It was really on a whim. I wanted to use my scuttle but it was warm out and heat did not sound appealing. So i filled my scuttle with the coldest tap possible and built my lather. Lather applications were cool and refreshing...i really enjoyed it! It's nice that i will now be able to use my scuttle through the warmer months.

Top Bottom