What's new

Back to the Beginning with a Review of Cella Soap

So, this is almost a 2 part video; firstly a reminder to myself that going back to some of the first kit in your den can get amazing results even if it is 'basic' compared to new purchases and secondly, my first time and review of Cella shaving soap.

Hope you enjoy.

It’s easy to become involved and excited for all the new releases of soap. Truth is classic soap has had it perfected for a long time and may not use clever marketing and trendy themes to sell product , the soap base sells itself. Tremendous performer!

I recently revisited Cella and had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I really get a great shave from it.

Make sure to check the direction your hair grows on your neck. Mine reverses direction right where yours seems aggravated. If I just go straight down from my chin I'll be WTG just below my chin and then it's actually ATG right where you're having some issues. Try experimenting with changing direction for that part of your neck - and only go 1 direction for a while (WTG). I can only go WTG for that part of my neck which is going up toward my chin. I've learned to accept DFS for my neck and be happy with that and no aggravation. Something the check out since you asked for suggestions. Hope it helps. It was a night and day discovery for me to realize I was going the most aggressive direction against the most sensitive part of my face by going all down strokes.

I recently revisited Cella and had forgotten how much I enjoy it. I really get a great shave from it.

Make sure to check the direction your hair grows on your neck. Mine reverses direction right where yours seems aggravated. If I just go straight down from my chin I'll be WTG just below my chin and then it's actually ATG right where you're having some issues. Try experimenting with changing direction for that part of your neck - and only go 1 direction for a while (WTG). I can only go WTG for that part of my neck which is going up toward my chin. I've learned to accept DFS for my neck and be happy with that and no aggravation. Something the check out since you asked for suggestions. Hope it helps. It was a night and day discovery for me to realize I was going the most aggressive direction against the most sensitive part of my face by going all down strokes.

Thanks for the advise. I'll try it out and put a video together with what happens

Been going through some of my other soaps and neglecting my Cella. After seeing this thread I decided that needed to change. Ended up doing a 3 pass shave with some touch up's and got a DFS when I was done.

Out of all the expensive, top shelf and high end soaps I have and use, for whatever reason I truly get my best head shaves with Cella. My head and face/neck are two different beasts which is strange

I just recently started using some that I'd left out in a bowl for many months.

I'm getting great shaves with it.

It would take me a very long time to go though a kilo. Anyone in the US up for chipping in on a brick?

The aftershave is also quite nice. It's not the same scent, but it's very complementary. It all smells like Sunday to me.

Top Bottom