What's new

Back to My Merkur Progress

My Progress was my daily for many years.

Got sidetracked for about a year using a Gillette Heritage and Merkur 34c.

Put an Astra SP in the Progress and shaved with it today (set on 2, zeros on +). Was instantly reminded what a smooth efficient shaver the Progress is.

Back to the Progress as a daily shaver again.

I like this one with a milder blade at 4/5

35D7A40B-076A-474A-B7A5-C1D92CD7E59C.jpeg

Just curious. Do the progress blade tabs do provide any danger in cutting during the shave ? I always get a cut from the blade tabs if I use a vintage Gillette razor.

Just curious. Do the progress blade tabs do provide any danger in cutting during the shave ? I always get a cut from the blade tabs if I use a vintage Gillette razor.
They are protruding only very slightly compared to some Gillette’s. So far I never had an issue with scraping.

@Markdad2 : Once you use the Progress a few times, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts comparing it to the Variant.
Absolutely. I like the Variant quite a bit. One of the best I have used. I prefer a shorter handle on a razor, and I like the looks of the Progress more. I understand that the Progress top cap is a bit slimmer too, so I am looking forward to shaving with it.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have to say, the Progress is a classic design. I only have one adjustable: the Pearl Flexi... I'm guessing I'll own a Progress one day.

With it set around three, does anyone have a comparison in efficiency if you’ve used Rockwell 6S, Karve Christopher Bradley or Overlander?

I've been de shaving now for only 2 months. First used an all steel painted $10 handle my brother gave me. That got me super excited as I see how superior a de shave is. BTW I'm all bald. Second razor is a VanDer Hagen all chrome tto from Target, it shaved ok but too mild and the chrome plating was too thick kind of like when you paint too heavy. Third handle is a gillette tech 1940's new old stock, super nice shave. But today I just used my Murker progress for the first time with the free Merkur blade. It blew my mind. 1st pass on 3 as I had a 2 day stubble, second pass on 1. I lived it. A little tricky under the nose as mentioned. Also a little tricky on the top of my ear. No issue with tabs hitting me. I really look forward to using it every shave for a while.

I'm Jason and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a couple weeks and have learned and enjoyed this forum very much.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've been de shaving now for only 2 months. First used an all steel painted $10 handle my brother gave me. That got me super excited as I see how superior a de shave is. BTW I'm all bald. Second razor is a VanDer Hagen all chrome tto from Target, it shaved ok but too mild and the chrome plating was too thick kind of like when you paint too heavy. Third handle is a gillette tech 1940's new old stock, super nice shave. But today I just used my Murker progress for the first time with the free Merkur blade. It blew my mind. 1st pass on 3 as I had a 2 day stubble, second pass on 1. I lived it. A little tricky under the nose as mentioned. Also a little tricky on the top of my ear. No issue with tabs hitting me. I really look forward to using it every shave for a while.

I'm Jason and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a couple weeks and have learned and enjoyed this forum very much.
Jason, Welcome to B&B.

Welcome to B&B and thanks for a great review!

Top Bottom