What's new

Back to Gillette.

After a long trip i'm back to gillette. I have tried a lot of alternative razors - dorco, harry's , personna, wilkinson but i never reached the same saftisfying BBS i had with the original fusion (2006-2010) before the electrics period (2010-2020). I sent back all the other razors or i PIFed them and now i have a new Fusion proglide flexball and a King camp DE (gifts for my birthday - august 1st - from my wife - thanks honey!) . i will let you know about the outcome.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
After a long trip i'm back to gillette. I have tried a lot of alternative razors - dorco, harry's , personna, wilkinson but i never reached the same saftisfying BBS i had with the original fusion (2006-2010) before the electrics period (2010-2020). I sent back all the other razors or i PIFed them and now i have a new Fusion proglide flexball and a King camp DE (gifts for my birthday - august 1st - from my wife - thanks honey!) . i will let you know about the outcome.
People slag on Gillette for various reasons, but over the years and today they make excellent razors and blades. You tried others and found the best for you. Nothing wrong with that.

IMHO Gillette makes great carts, for me Flexball Proglide and Sensor work best. They also make great vintage DE’s Slim, Fatboy, Super Speeds are my favorites.

I've been using Gillette Trac II Plus carts lately when I'm not DE shaving and they work really well. They build excellent razors, even if I don't love the prices.

I don't use carts, but Gillette DE blades rank best of everything I've used to date. Their PR does not reflect their engineering skills, so I continue to use them.

I have also tried a LOT of other makers and Gillette provides me with the best shaves. Still have my first razor; an Atra. Just wished it's prices were lower....but I guess they can get away with charging more........
I also favor Gillette brand DE blades. Even the cheap Guard is a good device!!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I really like the Gillette Silver Blue blades. Also receiving Gillette Superspeed this week, can’t wait to check it out. I used Track II for years, worked well for me.

When I first started shaving I used Gillette disposables and carts up until my senior year of high school when I decided to grow my beard out. Kept the beard until the mid to late 2000s when I started using Gillette carts again. Used those until about 2 years ago when I started shaving with a VdH TTO and their blades. Moved onto Dorco and then Derby blades until I joined here. Since joining here 4 out of my top five blades are made in the Gillette/P&G/PPI plant in St. Petersburg Russia

they make crap ads but at the same time they have unparalled R&D resources (just have a look at the Reading facility). So even if we "hate" them for political reasons we cannot ignore the facts their blades are still the best.

I get why people are down on Gillette. Definitely share the distaste for the annoying political crap Gillette keeps shoveling in our faces, but at the same time, there are folks complaining about Gillette's soy-boy TV campaigns while loading up a fresh Nacet or Silver Blue in their Slim.

I'll keep my Polsilvers and Mach 3's and leave it to others to boycott. I want best in class products in my shave den, and Gillette makes them, for better or worse.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Gillette do make great products. I have used them and will keep using them. I do find for me that Schick carts work best. I have several types of Gillette Carts that I will be using in the not to distant future.

Nothing wrong with that!
They are one of the largest manufacturers for a good reason.
What they made and still make works for the majority of the wet shaving community politics marketing aside.

for me I have stay clear of the lubra strips and multiple blade carts to prevent irritation. But like the old de razors and most of the de blades.

still keeping the guard in Mind as a holiday alternative.

have fun and great shaves

Top Bottom