What's new

Back to DE shaving after many many years

Discovered modern DE shaving in July, 2021. Started with Feather AS-D2 but soon found that too mild, and not a lot of fun to shave with. Then moved into Timeless .68 SB, .95 Scalloped. Slim edition SB. Then discovered Blackland BB,SB, Tatara Nodachi. Then added Timeless .68 Scalloped, and finally a Haircut and a Shave Ti F076. Seems like a lot of people go through a similar progression of mild razors with little blade feel to more blade forward and efficient aggressive razors. In that regard Christmas is fast approaching. Any ideas on the next razor in the progression. Among the possibilities Yates H plate, Blackland Tradere, Charcoal Goods Level 2. I have also looked at Outlaw, Carbon, Above the Tie, Lupo .95, etc. There is so much stuff out there.

Welcome to the group. I cant point you towards another razor as Im far beyond where you are. I found all the new razors fun too. But then learned that vintage razors can do the same thing and started collecting and shaving with them.

And rhe cost is much less.
But welcome. And I know someone will post up soon for ya with a opinion on a new razor

I’ve come to find I like more efficient razors myself. The top two I probably use at the moment are a Greencult and a Muhle R41 head on a Razorock barber pole handle. Occasionally I’ll also throw in the Ikon B1 Standard. All are fairly blade forward and efficient. But if you really want a little bit of a challenge I’d say go for the Ikon Tech. That’s about as blade forward I think as a de razor can get and is nicely efficient. I don’t use it as much though. But otherwise out of the ones you named I’ve only got the Lupo 95 both closed and open comb. Both are nice shavers I think. The open comb of course is a little more efficient of a shaver though.

Welcome to the group. I cant point you towards another razor as Im far beyond where you are. I found all the new razors fun too. But then learned that vintage razors can do the same thing and started collecting and shaving with them.

And rhe cost is much less.
But welcome. And I know someone will post up soon for ya with a opinion on a new razor
thanks

I’ve come to find I like more efficient razors myself. The top two I probably use at the moment are a Greencult and a Muhle R41 head on a Razorock barber pole handle. Occasionally I’ll also throw in the Ikon B1 Standard. All are fairly blade forward and efficient. But if you really want a little bit of a challenge I’d say go for the Ikon Tech. That’s about as blade forward I think as a de razor can get and is nicely efficient. I don’t use it as much though. But otherwise out of the ones you named I’ve only got the Lupo 95 both closed and open comb. Both are nice shavers I think. The open comb of course is a little more efficient of a shaver though.
thanks. the green cult looks interesting

thanks. the green cult looks interesting
I do like the Greencult. It is a solid razor. It is nicely efficient and I’d say a fair amount smoother than the R41. The only thing with using it is the handle is a little bit on the longer side than I’m used to. Which after using for a while isn’t as big a deal anymore. And the price for an all stainless razor is pretty cheap from what I can remember is like 40 something bucks. Just the shipping from Europe to US on it was a little high. But not horrible.Which I feel is more so the cost of international shipping since Covid hit. But well worth it because it can give some pretty nice shaves. And if you prefer shorter handles I think I’ve read something about people using Razorock handles with it which I might end up trying at some point myself. I have plenty of them to try with it.

The Yates with the H and then the EH plate is a very fine razor. The one razor that I enjoy the most of all my razors is my Vector SS. It is my sports car and my R41 GS is my limo.

Top Bottom