What's new

Back to Basics

Shaved with the Nodachi and a first use Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge (yellow wrapper) today. Great shave but I may have over shaved a wee bit.

The other razor is the BB head on the RazoRock barber pole handle.
IMG_6944.jpeg
IMG_6945.jpeg

Today I found out that I enjoy the Blackbird way more than the Nodachi.

When I get home and can get pics of the Nodachi with both handles, it’s going on the BST (long handle is the proper dark Nodachi handle, the shorter gray handle is the Masamune handle).

What I would really like is to get a brass Yates M OC baseplate and shorter brass Yates handle. The SB M plate was too mild and the H plate is a bit too much for everyday use (on my face anyway).

Forgot my shave cream in the truck, so I used regular liquid soap and my Yates H brass for a 1 pass WTG shave.

No good, don’t feel like I shaved at all. Busted out the Feather SR and did another 1 pass WTG shave using just water. Better.

I’m liking the Fine American Blend aftershave I won in a PIF. The smell reminds me a bit of Old Spice and I love the menthol cold as it dries. 👍🏼

Happy Anniversary!

Maybe the Karve site was too confusing for an unfixated shopper? Maybe she saw it is backing away from the Feather Artist Club SR and decided to back you away even further?

Well, yesterday I used it dry and got a mediocre shave.

Today, I lathered up with ToBS coconut shave cream and used the Braun again. Night and day results. BBS and no irritation.

Well, the Braun is going back to Best Buy.

When used with traditional shave cream, the shave is excellent. When used dry, it’s the pits. This defeats the purpose of getting it: I was going to save time by shaving behind the wheel.

Using it dry, I had to scrub and scrub at my face to get a smooth result and the aftershave burn was considerable. Also, the smoothness didn’t last nearly as long as a proper wet shave.

Bless her heart, she tried.

Top Bottom