What's new

Back online after 8 years....

....or should I say 2,890 shaves!

I don’t know what happened all that time ago for me to cease using this forum - but I continued wet shaving.

Unfortunately, being in the Navy, I’ve moved around a lot. New bases, new ships, moving homes. This has resulted in my soap collection being put into storage/disappearing.

However, that was probably for the best as I’m a bit of a collector. If I had been active on this forum for the past 8 years I dread to think how much soap I’d have by now!

I’ll list my current shaving equipment for those who are interested;

Razors
Merkur 38C Barberpole
Gillette Super Speed 1960​

Brushes
Rudy Vey Custom - 22mm TGN Finest Badger in a stubby black and white handle
Rudy Vey Custom - 24mm TGN Grade A Silvertip in a butterscotch beehive handle

Blades
Roughly one million packs of Feather Hi-Stainless

Soaps
Fine Accoutrements Snakebite
RazoRock Mudder Focker
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
GFT Coconut Soap

Post Shave
Floïd Blue
Thayer’s Witch Hazel
Lucky Tiger

Recently I have been getting by with The Body Shop’s Maca Root shaving cream, which is now running low. This prompted me to start looking for a new soap which inevitably led me back to Badger and Blade.

After a bit of looking around, and watching some YouTube reviews, I decided to pull the trigger on some Fine Snakebite and RazoRock Mudder Focker.

I used the Snakebite yesterday for the first time and wow was it refreshing in this hot weather we are having in the UK right now, exactly what I ordered it for.

Yet to try the Mudder Focker, but it smells divine!

A lot seems to have changed in 8 years, there seems to be a far wider variety of soaps available, lots of artisanal stuff on the market.... where to begin!

There’s plenty on my radar that I’m itching to purchase - my self discipline has been strong so far, I don’t want to go down that rabbit hole of buying more soap than I’ll ever use again but it’s only a matter of time before my purchases snowball, I know it!

Enjoy your shaves today gents, thanks for reading.​

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome back to the forum Nyall, very happy to have you back with us. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! And I appreciate everyone who has thanked me for my service. It’s kinda odd hearing people say it, as nobody openly says “thank you for your service” in the UK, the US and Canadians are far more patriotic in that sense, or maybe the British are just typically reserved.

Just to clarify, I probably have about 25 packs of Feathers. So closer to 125 blades, not a million. I was exaggerating slightly when I said I had a million packs, or I was more likely just being sarcastic.

That being said, anyone who hasn’t tried a Feather blade yet and is interested in doing so then make yourself known and I will PIF a 5 pack to you.

Photos make a thread, so I shall upload some pictures of my shave gear tomorrow when I get home from visiting family.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekends. Time for a shower and shave after BBQing all afternoon!

This dude said “a million Feather blades”!

Welcome back mang.

A million blades is totally on another level. It makes me feel like an ant in terms of accumulating. Welcome back!

Welcome back! A million blades! That’s dedication.

No....he actually said a million packs of Feather blades. Big difference.

Just to clarify - I do not own one million Feather blades/packs of Feather blades.

It was sarcasm, more of a joke to myself as I have a bag full of Feather blade 10 packs. I also keep finding random packs around the house or in travel bags.

I got a good deal a little while ago on a carton of Feather blades, so I bought two - which would equal 40 ten packs.

So 400 blades, not one million. Sorry for the confusion chaps, I should probably edit my original post before anyone else thinks I am the Feather blade master!

Top Bottom