What's new

Back on the road

Hi,
my name is Karl and I live and work in the south of Germany.
Some days ahead I subscribed to this really nice community and now I am really glad to have some time to introduce myself to you.
As a boy, when my facial hair began to have to be controlled, I was taught wet shaving with the straight razor by my grandpa, who showed me how to shave like real men shaved way back in time.
He was really oldschool and I miss him...
After I caught fire I never shaved dry or with cartridges.
I received an old Gilette TTO DE rasor from my father, wich I had to rehandle because of damage. My Dad was a one pass shaver, stubbles did not bother him a lot, and so my shaving routine began to fall asleep after my grandpa passed away.
After a very long time of 3-4 day period of shaving wich was good enough for me,
a friend of mine talked me into shaving routine and gave me some soaps, some blades to try, and I spent a lot of time reading the forums, enjoying the threads about every one and only right soap, blade, razor, or whatnot. At the same time my daily shaving routine was back and pleasing me very much.
I really feel it's the right place for joining, because you people are very after my heart. Of course I also baught a lot of new equipment for my new old passion,
things wich remind me of my two old guys (dad and grandpa) things like Tabac AS, Wilkinson Sword Blades and such...
I'm happy to be here!

Karl

Glad you joined, I hope you find this forum informative & enjoyable. I enjoyed reading your introduction. Enjoy!

That is great you learned from your Grandpa. Many of us studied online tutorials or were self taught. Pictures of your razors?
Lot of great razors and hones made in Germany.

Welcome to the forum.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Karl, thanks for sharing your journey. My Grandfather passed away over 40 years ago and I still miss him.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Welcome and enjoy. You are fortunate to have a grandfather who took the time to teach you the ways of the steel. I wish someone had done so for me. You are sure to make a lot of friends here.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Today I made a picture of my razors, as I promised yesterday. 20190808_160713.jpg

Karl

Top Bottom