What's new

Back On The Pipe

I’ve only within the last year returned to pipes and I smoke a lot of latakia blends. My 4 favorites in no particular order are Gaslight, Bengal Slices, Plum Pudding regular and Plum Pudding special reserve. I’ve cellared 4-6 lbs of each of these just in case they try to pull a Frog Morton on me and disappear. Nightcap (I’ve got 3lbs) and Star of the East (I’ve got 6lbs) are really nice and I enjoy them, but to me, both are a little ‘thin’ tasting, compared to the first 4 I mentioned. Tobacco preferences are subjective though and you may hate what I like.

I’ve only within the last year returned to pipes and I smoke a lot of latakia blends. My 4 favorites in no particular order are Gaslight, Bengal Slices, Plum Pudding regular and Plum Pudding special reserve. I’ve cellared 4-6 lbs of each of these just in case they try to pull a Frog Morton on me and disappear. Nightcap (I’ve got 3lbs) and Star of the East (I’ve got 6lbs) are really nice and I enjoy them, but to me, both are a little ‘thin’ tasting, compared to the first 4 I mentioned. Tobacco preferences are subjective though and you may hate what I like.

I have tried the plum pudding reserve and really like enjoy it. I have also tried Mississippi river and find it to be something that I could smoke all day long. I know that I am new to pipes but so far the blends I like best are ones with Latakia, Virginia & Perique, or just straight Virginia. Gaslight is another blend that I am wanting to try and also the original plum pudding.

I have tried the plum pudding reserve and really like enjoy it. I have also tried Mississippi river and find it to be something that I could smoke all day long. I know that I am new to pipes but so far the blends I like best are ones with Latakia, Virginia & Perique, or just straight Virginia. Gaslight is another blend that I am wanting to try and also the original plum pudding.
I like the regular Plum Pudding more than I do the special reserve. Just keep trying blends you think you might like and you'll find what you're looking for.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like the regular Plum Pudding more than I do the special reserve. Just keep trying blends you think you might like and you'll find what you're looking for.

Star of the East flake or ribbon?

I love Lancer Slices as well for it’s no nonsense VaLat blend.

Although I favor VA blends and all the permutations of VA, Burley, Perique, and Dark fired Kentucky. There is one Latakia blend that I just have to smoke every now and then cuz I like it that much and that would be GL Pease Quiet Nights. Lol sorry to disturb this quiet thread with a self indulgent comment. Give it a go.:001_rolle

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hahaha thats a good one! The title of this thread should help anyone that doesnt get it. The guy in the pic got caught smoking a certain "inner city" type of pipe (same one as Tyrone Biggums the Dave Chapelle charachter).
I miss that show.

On edit: especially “When keeping it real goes wrong” and Rick James, b.

Hahaha thats a good one! The title of this thread should help anyone that doesnt get it. The guy in the pic got caught smoking a certain "inner city" type of pipe (same one as Tyrone Biggums the Dave Chapelle charachter).
I missed this pic the first time it was posted. Late last night I found my self googling pics of a past DC Mayor :lol:

Top Bottom