What's new

Back on the CART

In going through my shave bin - I came across a 4 pack of Fusion power blades and travel sized can of Edge gel. Not being the type to discard perfectly good products, I tracked down the Fusion handle (not in the shave bin) and decided to work them into my shave routine until everything was used up. While I still prefer DE shaving for the closeness and ritual, the Fusion works pretty well in a number of ways. It provides a fast and easy shave. With the five blades brought to bear, you can be done in one pass. If you want a close shave - two passes gets you there. You can't really hurt yourself with this razor so there isn't any uncertainty with respect to direction or pressure. It's generally recommended not to go against the grain with a CART, but you can and I do. It's pretty much foolproof and cleans up really quickly. My only issue is that it doesn't cut as close in my problem areas (upper cheek and below the chin) as a DE. Once I've used up these products, I'll never replenish them but it's been an interesting experience using them again.

I have been doing the same thing lately. Found a pack of Gillette disposables that were in my house for some reason. No sense to discard, so using them up, but with good soap, not gel like the OP. Shaves are very good (BBS) in two passes. Easy to operate and no ingrowns. I attribute the shaves to the technique I have developed by DE shaving.

Since being here, and finding all the right gear and such, I realised just how much the right soap and brush can amplify the shave of a Good News, or the Sensor. I've come to realise that all these years my razor, which I thought, was actually not the problem so much as anything else. Now, I will say I prefer the Tech or Merkur, but if for some reason I went back the double blade route, I'd be happy with that.

In going through my shave bin - I came across a 4 pack of Fusion power blades and travel sized can of Edge gel. Not being the type to discard perfectly good products, I tracked down the Fusion handle (not in the shave bin) and decided to work them into my shave routine until everything was used up. While I still prefer DE shaving for the closeness and ritual, the Fusion works pretty well in a number of ways. It provides a fast and easy shave. With the five blades brought to bear, you can be done in one pass. If you want a close shave - two passes gets you there. You can't really hurt yourself with this razor so there isn't any uncertainty with respect to direction or pressure. It's generally recommended not to go against the grain with a CART, but you can and I do. It's pretty much foolproof and cleans up really quickly. My only issue is that it doesn't cut as close in my problem areas (upper cheek and below the chin) as a DE. Once I've used up these products, I'll never replenish them but it's been an interesting experience using them again.

Just an opinion, so don't take it in anything but a friendly way, if you spent as much time with your cart technique as you do with your DE technique, you may find the two are closer in performance than you realize.

A good brush and good soap along with paying attention to details is what makes a great shave, regardless of what razor was used.

I have an old can of Edge that I either already or will simply toss out.

Haha funny thread because I found my old handle and some Personna twin II carts and was considering using them up... there are alot though.
I even ran across a great deal on amazon for 100 carts for $10.... maybe I'll buy them and gift the handle and carts to my brother.

Top Bottom