What's new

Back in Town

Is there any modern stainless with good steel?
Those Friodor razors does have a good reputation. Probably better steel then the Dovo I have.
Good question. I haven't tried any of the others, just seen the problems folks have with them. There are a lot of Friodur out there, though. Mine did take a little longer to hone, but not as long as a hard Swede,

Reactions: JPO

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Is there any modern stainless with good steel?
Those Friodor razors does have a good reputation. Probably better steel then the Dovo I have.
For a SS SR, my preferred is the Titan ACRO T.H-70 (not their T.H.64). It takes a lot of very careful work to develop a good edge on it but once there, it lasts a very long time.

I concur with you on the Dovo SS. I haven't tried the Friodor SS.

That’s what I’ve got. The Friodur 72 is excellent. Probably my favourite razor. It sits in my hand as if it was made for me.

The Ralf Aust is the only other Stainless razor I’ve tried. That one takes a good edge too. I think both work best finished with diamond paste.
I usually don't like these diamond paste edges, but it might be worth a try with this razor. This steel definitely does not play well with some stones. I tried it on a Naniwa 8k SS. It felt like I honed on a sticky piece of rubber.

Maybe I just gave up too early. I can get a smooth comfortable shave, but I get noticable more feedback from the Alum then I am used to.
It would be nice to have a stainless SR for traveling.

The biggest trouble maker in my life is shaving my face in the morning. So I try to blame myself before the equipment;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I usually don't like these diamond paste edges, but it might be worth a try with this razor. This steel definitely does not play well with some stones. I tried it on a Naniwa 8k SS. It felt like I honed on a sticky piece of rubber.

Maybe I just gave up too early. I can get a smooth comfortable shave, but I get noticable more feedback from the Alum then I am used to.
It would be nice to have a stainless SR for traveling.

The biggest trouble maker in my life is shaving my face in the morning. So I try to blame myself before the equipment;)
Amen to that last paragraph!

Top Bottom