What's new

Back In The Saddle

I have noticed quite a few new names around here. To all you newcomers I offer my sincere welcome, we are all genuinely glad to have you along for the ride.

I have been out a little while, the result of life and one of its troughs. I won’t detail it here; those who can’t tolerate not knowing can read about it here if you like. To all you gents who offered your support, sentiments, and prayers I cannot properly thank you enough. I was, and continue to be, in awe of just how truly human our members are. Seems a strange thing to say, right?

We all come here to steep ourselves, if only for a few moments, in some aspect of our shared joy of traditional shaving. We allow ourselves to become kids at recess again, with all things shaving as our sandbox. When I posted about my personal misfortune many here didn’t just step away from shaving, they dropped all pretense of our hobby and brought forth everything good we hope to witness in ourselves and others . . . they became brothers, not just members. And for that, for all their (your) support I am absolutely grateful.

Seems an obvious thing to state (because it is), but I have experienced the dissolution of our shared facade and felt the spirit of enjoined humanity as a result. There is, indeed, more here than just razors, blades, and soap—there is a depth of fellowship in our ranks that informs each of us of our true natures, a truth not so skin deep that while we’re here because we enjoy this unlitmately we are of the same soft material . . . we are not just stubble, we are undeniably of heart, too.

Thank you gents for your support. I look forward to once again participating with all of you.

Glad you’re back.
I’m sorry for your loss.
Praying for you.

Thanks Schnitzel :001_smile It's been over a year but I miss her like it was yesterday. I'm in a better place now, though, thanks in no small part to her. . . . and to the initial support I received here.

Its good to see you again Jeff!
Nice to be seen again, Linty! I hope to be bumping into you fellas more often now.

Good to see you friend! You've been missed.
You can stop using Arko now, Dave . . . I'm back. :c9:
And thank you!

I'm glad to see you posting again.
Emwolf! I didn't recognize you with the changed avatar. I imagine at some point I will make someone regret my return, being long winded and all.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks Schnitzel :001_smile It's been over a year but I miss her like it was yesterday. I'm in a better place now, though, thanks in no small part to her. . . . and to the initial support I received here.

Nice to be seen again, Linty! I hope to be bumping into you fellas more often now.

You can stop using Arko now, Dave . . . I'm back. :c9:
And thank you!

Emwolf! I didn't recognize you with the changed avatar. I imagine at some point I will make someone regret my return, being long winded and all.
At least when you get long winded it's worth reading, my friend!

I'm kind of new around here but feel for your loss and know that some things will never be the same. The brotherhood shared here will be important to reach out and just acknowledge that a new day is upon us.

I am one of the new names around here, but like you I have noticed the big heart of the B&B members. Welcome back,
and I wish you all the best for your life.

Lee and Garb, the sentiments you express are precisely what make this place worth spending time on. It is dreadfully easy to get caught up in the raison d'etre of the forum, it's why we're all here after all. But when the curtain gets pulled back it is warming to see the heartbeat behind the chatter, to bear witness to the gentle within the gentlemen.

And Scaramouche . . . I tip my hat, sir. Thank you.

Lee and Garb, the sentiments you express are precisely what make this place worth spending time on. It is dreadfully easy to get caught up in the raison d'etre of the forum, it's why we're all here after all. But when the curtain gets pulled back it is warming to see the heartbeat behind the chatter, to bear witness to the gentle within the gentlemen.

And Scaramouche . . . I tip my hat, sir. Thank you.

You are more than welcome. I had to give that talk more than once in my own ICU. I asked one of my mentors once how he did it, time after time. He said "Pretend it's you you're talking to." Best to you....

Last edited:
Top Bottom