What's new

Back in the saddle with the SF-1 once again

The hurricane drove us out of cada Mick Sud and back to the SF-1 which I have not used in almost half a year.

We brought almost 2# of roasted Santa Barbara estate Columbian back with us and that is just about gone.

It rained earlier this morning but looks dry enough to roast so I'm going to shove out in a while and run 2-3 roasts.

Gee I hope I remember how to do this :)

SF-1 is pre-heating and I've dug out something special for this startup roast.

Yemen Mocca Sanani and Java Kayumas.

The ORIGINAL mocca/java blend from the dark ages.

I was lucky ebought to have found a source for good grade Yemen last year before the war broke out. I only have 5# and have had it squirreled away for about 8-9 months. It's time to bring it out

Java was wet processed and Mocca was natural processed so they came out looking very different

Java beans on top, Yemen on bottom

proxy.php

Would this happen to be your Yemen source?

Green Coffee Beans

No.

I did receive a notice from another wholesaler that they had 110# of Yemen Sanani (blend of coffees from various regions west of Sana’a).

They also had a smaller amount of Yemen Ismaili

Price was similar to what your link shows.

You would have to contact them and ask if it is the Sanani blend as they are not specific in their description of what they are selling.

Can't believe it has been this long but my roasting board (log) sez May 2019..

Got back a few days ago and needed to roast but remembered I needed to do some work on the SF-1..

Realigned the motor and gears and got it quiet as a mouse.

Great roast. 14 minutes, 410° Mexican Chiapas.

20190422_165759.jpg

Good to hear you are back. Just unexpectedly roasted another 2kg today. Not sure why but the grinder was empty. :eek2:

Top Bottom