What's new

Back in the day(mid 1960s) weren't there aftershaves in a set named after countries?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
In the UK Avon released an aftershave called Hud, which may have been known as Clint in the USA. They had some football (soccer) themed bottles for various countries. Here is Wales, England, Scotland, and West Germany. I think these are 1970s though.

wal.jpg

eng.jpg
sco.jpg
ger.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
That English Leather family of products ad takes me back, @sarimento1 . I was a big fan of Wind Drift after shave and cologne in particular. It had a cork bottle cap (probably fake cork) that was supposed to create the illusion of driftwood. A beautiful aquatic scent. I see it ebay nowadays where it fetches big money.

In the UK Avon released an aftershave called Hud, which may have been known as Clint in the USA. They had some football (soccer) themed bottles for various countries. Here is Wales, England, Scotland, and West Germany. I think these are 1970s though.

View attachment 1121591

View attachment 1121587View attachment 1121588View attachment 1121589

Those are awesome! Hud and Clint sound different. The Hud fragrance notes sounds really interesting to me, the clint notes not so much.

That English Leather family of products ad takes me back, @sarimento1 . I was a big fan of Wind Drift after shave and cologne in particular. It had a cork bottle cap (probably fake cork) that was supposed to create the illusion of driftwood. A beautiful aquatic scent. I see it ebay nowadays where it fetches big money.

thanks.
had not tried wind drift.
the lime smells just like regular el but with lime.

english leather lime kent edwin jagger november 9 2015.jpg

I don't recall Wind Drift, but I used Clint once upon a time. The word sounds like an axe hitting something. (Or like Clint Walker, the Cheyenne actor.)

I used to have the set. I don't remember the name though. Part of the advertising was something like every man should have a country. It was more cologne than aftershave. The names were unique to the brand and not just a collection English Leather, Russian Leather, etc. Spherical bottle with a long neck.

Top Bottom