What's new

Back again after several years

Welcome back!
Thank you!
Welcome. I’ll suggest the razor rock lupo razor. stainless steel. Affordable and a fantastic shave. I’ve been using the dual comb. You can just buy the head if you have a handle around too.
Thanks!
This one is at the top of my list. I don't have any parts, so I am looking at getting both the .72 and .95 plates for now.
In fact, I had it in my basked last night, but I decided to go to bed instead of completing the purchase.

I can appreciate how you must feel about SR shaving and our Wallabies beating your Springboks, not once but twice, last month 😁.

When you want to look into getting started in the gentlemanly art of SR shaving, pop on over to the straight razor section of B&B.
Hey, I don't mind if the best team wins :)

I will certainly be heading over to the straight razor section some time in the near future. I have some questions to ask, but I will be taking it slow.

My desire to ditch disposable cartridges is still strong and I am looking at taking up DE shaving while I continue to develop my honing and stropping when I have a spare moment or two (i.e not any time soon).

Obviously, the whole point of this exercise is to save money,

DE and save money, hmm....

I am currently visiting my parents.
Last night I shaved in their shower using a 1940's style Gillette Superspeed (about $10)
with a Shark Super Chrome blade (about 10 cents),
using whatever soap they happened to have in there,
which in this case was a bar of Irish Spring.

DE and save money, hmm....

I am currently visiting my parents.
Last night I shaved in their shower using a 1940's style Gillette Superspeed (about $10)
with a Shark Super Chrome blade (about 10 cents),
using whatever soap they happened to have in there,
which in this case was a bar of Irish Spring.
That sounds quite cost effective.
It's been a while since I tried shaving with bath soap, I remember it being a bit rough though..

Welcome back!
I found shaving at night helpful when I started DE shaving to allow more time to practice technique. Then switched to morning after I had a bit of experience. Enjoy the journey.

Welcome! Don't worry about "verses* threads. We all love them! (Well, I do at least 😁)
Thanks! I also like them. Even if a particular comparison has been done before, a new person may have a different perspective and ask different questions. This can then make new information available to other people in the future.
Although, at the moment I am answering all my questions with YMMV before I even post them :)

Welcome back!
I found shaving at night helpful when I started DE shaving to allow more time to practice technique. Then switched to morning after I had a bit of experience. Enjoy the journey.
Thanks. I will consider shaving at night to have more time to focus, it's a very good suggestion.

It would also give some time for the wounds to heal and the bleeding to stop before having to show ones face in public :)
But of course there will be no need for that because "DE" razors are "Safety Razors"..

Top Bottom