What's new

Back after some years

Hello. I was on B&B some years back, and have signed back up. The look has changed. Just popping in to say hello. I may still ask newbie questions, because I am still using the same two safety razors and Omega boar brush. I only just bought my third soap. MWF was my first. There are still bits of it in the ceramic container, enough to lather up still. Williams was my second. It’s gone. And my third is really two. I bought two at the same time. I got the Proraso red, because I wanted to try a sandalwood, and I got a Tabac to replace the Mitchell’s Wool Fat. I have used a couple of creams, Kiss My Face and Cremo.

I also bought a new brush. I wanted to try a silvertip badger, so I got a Parker, the one with the chrome handle. Having two brushes will allow one to fully dry while I use the other. Obviously, I haven’t “gone down the rabbit hole“ as people say. But I am considering venturing into straight razor usage. I have a shavette a friend gave me. It belonged to her dad who passed away. She actually gave me two, but when I looked online for the other, it appears it is used not for shaving but for haircuts. I didn’t know straight razor haircuts were a thing.

Hello. I was on B&B some years back, and have signed back up. The look has changed. Just popping in to say hello. I may still ask newbie questions, because I am still using the same two safety razors and Omega boar brush. I only just bought my third soap. MWF was my first. There are still bits of it in the ceramic container, enough to lather up still. Williams was my second. It’s gone. And my third is really two. I bought two at the same time. I got the Proraso red, because I wanted to try a sandalwood, and I got a Tabac to replace the Mitchell’s Wool Fat. I have used a couple of creams, Kiss My Face and Cremo.

I also bought a new brush. I wanted to try a silvertip badger, so I got a Parker, the one with the chrome handle. Having two brushes will allow one to fully dry while I use the other. Obviously, I haven’t “gone down the rabbit hole“ as people say. But I am considering venturing into straight razor usage. I have a shavette a friend gave me. It belonged to her dad who passed away. She actually gave me two, but when I looked online for the other, it appears it is used not for shaving but for haircuts. I didn’t know straight razor haircuts were a thing.
Welcome back, I too have recently returned !!!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Prepare my wallet. :D Yes. I'm considering buying a straight razor and required gear. That seems to be a minimum $200 investment.
Welcome back. I’m glad you called it an investment. That makes me feel better thinking about it that way 😁

Top Bottom