What's new

Baby oil & talcum powder

J

jez

Hi All,

Just wondering peoples thoughts on using baby oil as well as shaving cream for shaving, and talcum powder post shave?

Cheers,

Jez

One of my brothers normally shaves with a cartridge razor (the new 5-blade Gillette, I think) and AOS preshave oil (but he uses only the preshave oil without any cream/soap/whatever) ... but recently when he ran out of shave oil he started using Baby oil as a replacement... he said that he found it to work OK, but not quite as well as the AOS oil he had been using. YMMV, but that is one opinion.

Before converting to a DE, I went through a brief stage of using baby oil as a pre-shave oil. It seemed like it caused my M3 to dull more quickly.

Kyle said:
Before converting to a DE, I went through a brief stage of using baby oil as a pre-shave oil. It seemed like it caused my M3 to dull more quickly.

Really? Do you find the same with other pre-shave oils? I've tried them a couple of times but just don't like them so I couldn't say if they impact blade-life... but I am curious...

NMMB said:
Really? Do you find the same with other pre-shave oils? I've tried them a couple of times but just don't like them so I couldn't say if they impact blade-life... but I am curious...
I've not worked with any pre-shave oil consistently enough to make that call. In fact, I believe I've used the King of Shaves oil twice and not used a pre-shave oil since then.

Surely we have some members who normally use a pre-shave oil that would be willing to share their findings.

Top Bottom