What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

I did try Voskhods but am still not sure about them. I will have to try a fixed four with the 37C/Voskhod to get a better idea.

I was given several by another member that didn’t like them and used them exclusively until they were gone. I think it was like 3 months at a blade a week of daily 3 pass shaving. They were just under the month worth of Nacets I tried and the price per is much better as well. I plan to get some more of each and do a longevity test on them. I usually don’t go past 7 days with any blade.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0010 - Edited (1).jpg

Saturday 9.28.19 SOTD
The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Pre-Shave Oil
Merkur 37c HD / Personna Platinum Chrome Israeli Red (2)
Yaqi Barber Pole Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
Chiseled Sherlock Shaving Soap
Chiseled Sherlock Aftershave Splash

DSCF0012 - Edited (2).jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0016 - Edited.jpg

Monday 10.07.19 SOTD
RazoRock Pre Barba Pre Shave Gel
RazoRock German 37 Slant / Gillette Nacet (1)
Semogue Owners Club Cherry Wood Boar
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0015 - Edited.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Wednesday 11.13.19 SOTD

DSCF0001 - Edited.jpg

RazoRock Essential Oil Of Lime Shave Oil
RazoRock German 37.HD Handle
Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Yaqi R1730 Sagarda Familia Tuxedo
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Lime Burst
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0002 - Edited.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You have just given me a great idea, but I'm scared to do it! It's a nearly unobtainium blade given to me by @nemo that I have yet to try! But I'll bet it would rock! Hey Mr. @nemo if you are listening, and remember the blade I'm talking about, let me know what you think!

Thanks, Dave

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
If it's that Spoiler go ahead and use it! I can always send you another for "evaluation", Dave.

Keeping on task:
full

It's Wednesday already? Where are you, Klink?
Tuesday afternoon here in sunny California.
t fo
I'm in cold dark Massachusetts where we are having the first snow storm of the season. It's still Tuesday, but my slant shave is set for tomorrow.

Please do. It's getting lonely on here.

Partly my fault, Slantember diverted my posts, then in OCtober I didn’t get back to my OC slants. I have shaved 4 times with my Wunderbar this month, but haven’t posted ... my bad. I will say, I am not getting many alerts on threads I watch since the site’s software conversion.

Looking into the immediate future, today’s slant shave:
4E3274C9-5032-44C1-B7DC-201EDAEB2DA9.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Partly my fault, Slantember diverted my posts, then in OCtober I didn’t get back to my OC slants. I have shaved 4 times with my Wunderbar this month, but haven’t posted ... my bad. I will say, I am not getting many alerts on threads I watch since the site’s software conversion.

Looking into the immediate future, today’s slant shave:
View attachment 1034316
What is that beauty brother?
If it's that Spoiler go ahead and use it! I can always send you another for "evaluation", Dave.
And thank you brother. There are guys on here who's head would explode if they knew I've been sitting on that blade since August. Ouch. That's an awkward sentence...

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Thursday 11.14.19 SOTD

DSCF0002 - Edited (7).jpg

Pre' De Provence Artisanal French Soap lather and rinse
Maggard Slant Bar chrome.iKon OSS Handle
Gillette Nacet Stainless (2)
Maggard 22mm Aluminum Handle 2-Band Badger
Pre de Provence shave soap
Pre de Provence Sante Green Tea

DSCF0003 - Edited.jpg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
It's getting lonely on here.

Sir, yes Sir!

ATT S2 OC Slant
Astra SP (1)
Williams Mug Soap (modern)
RazoRock Beehive

I wanted a close, drama-limited shave with enough bladefeel to make me giggle.

Got that! Badda-bing, Badda-boom, Zip-zap-shabam and Bob's yer uncle. On to the next thing...

O.H.

SOTD:

Merkur 37c, Voskhod (5), WCS Pure Badger, TASS Bay Rum.

Another excellent shave with old faithful. I’m planning to add a Parker Semi-Slant after the first of the year and get rid of all of my straight bars.

Not sure what software setup I'll be using, but got some free Kai blades from a friend recently (he got them in a trial pack of something) so I'll use that blade in my Merkur 37C this evening. Used that hardware two nights ago and had a spectacular shave. I've been only slant shaving for the past two months, alternating between the 37c, the ATT S1 and the iKon B1 DLC slant. All excellent shavers for me. I will occasionally pull out my Parker variant but that is rare. It's the only solid bar razor I have been enjoying of late.

I have been dragging my feet on selling any of my other razors as I know I need to use them again to reassess if I truly want to dispense with them. My shaves are just too good right now for me to want to use much else!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not sure what software setup I'll be using, but got some free Kai blades from a friend recently (he got them in a trial pack of something) so I'll use that blade in my Merkur 37C this evening. Used that hardware two nights ago and had a spectacular shave. I've been only slant shaving for the past two months, alternating between the 37c, the ATT S1 and the iKon B1 DLC slant. All excellent shavers for me. I will occasionally pull out my Parker variant but that is rare. It's the only solid bar razor I have been enjoying of late.

I have been dragging my feet on selling any of my other razors as I know I need to use them again to reassess if I truly want to dispense with them. My shaves are just too good right now for me to want to use much else!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For me, it was a no-brainer. As soon as I tried a slant, my straight bars were done. I’ll never shave with anything but a slant again.

Top Bottom