What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Karve OC plates and Wunderbar arrive on the market just days apart. Just too stressful for a cheapskate shaver to bear!

I'll represent, 2 Krects and a Ziglar. Almost sounds like a title for a sitcom.
slants.jpg

SOTD 3/4 - Batting cleanup

> Wunderbar head on custom Russian Ti handle (didn’t I just call myself a cheapskate? RAD is destroying another once fine fellow.)
> Polsilver SI (3) best shave yet on this blade
> Omega 10005 boar
> BOSC Special Reserve Citrus-Lavendar-Wood face lathered, with the pseudo-scuttle to keep the brush warm between passes.

49332494-737B-486B-80A6-787FED29381F.jpeg

I like this used Wunderbar head so well that I am positioning myself to barter it to my son for the Merkur 36 I gave him a few years ago. The Ti ‘Pine Cone’ handle (courtesy of a fine Russian artisan on that auction site) has great grip. Custom build: 10mm x 80mm, about 22g. The handle balanced really well for me with impressive grip.

Unusual prep for this shave. I “honed” a dulling Gem SE blade to an unmatched dullness and took it for a “shave” in a Gem Micromatic OC. Loud noises, zero irritation, also zero cutting, but apparently great prep. The Wunderbar whipped right through a two pass shave with minimal touch up to hit BBS.

I own a Windrose OC slant and Sword Edge CC. The Windrose is more aggressive and better finished, the Sword Edge is perfect for everyday use, very efficient.

Nice! :thumbup1:

Two Krects! As a Portlander I feel I should spring for a Krect. How do you like yours?
The spiral slant I like better of the 2. It has a lot of blade feel to it. You really have to pay attention to what you are doing when using it. It is a pressure loaded design that holds the blade tight and keeping the cap and baseplate from tilting while shaving. It is like shaving expecting a train wreck to happen but as long as you use a light touch it won't tilt and disassemble on your face. Between the blade exposure and that tilt you need to work slow and methodically to not cut yourself also. The other Krect is a lot more milder in comparison.

The spiral curve is one of those razors you use when you want to challenge yourself while shaving.

It is like shaving expecting a train wreck to happen but as long as you use a light touch it won't tilt and disassemble on your face. Between the blade exposure and that tilt you need to work slow and methodically to not cut yourself also.

You talked me into it! :letterk1:

You talked me into it! :letterk1:
There is supposed to be another version of that spiral slant that has a lock so the base plate and cap don't disassemble when it tilts. You press a button on the handle to open the lock. It is no fun when it tilts mid stroke then drops, if you are lucky on the sink countertop and not the floor. Good thing is since it is brass it doesn't shatter or break easily. If you've ever shaved with a Cooper Monobilt that is what the blade exposure is like.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-07-19
Pre: Pre de Provence Artisanal French Soap
Soap: Pre de Provence shave soap
Razor / Blade: Maggard slant - WCS 110s handle / Shark SS (2)
Brush: Yaqi R1605-S Resin Tuxedo Synth

DSCF0009 - Edited.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-09-19
Pre: Castle Forbes Pre Shave - Unscented
Soap: Arko
Razor / Blade: Maggard slant - WCS 110s handle / Shark SS (3)
Brush:Mr PB24BA-04 Pure Badger
Post: Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0028 - Edited.jpg

I have recently acquired a Merkur 37c and it has already retired my previous daily driver. I wish to submit for membership in this fine club.

Thank you gentlemen.

Attachments

• IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 8
Greetings!

Proud new owner of a RazoRock German 37 slant.

First few shaves was with GSB - amazing 2-pass BBS.

This morning I put in one of the Derby blades that came with it....held breath...2-pass BBS again!

Up to now Derby=bloodbath.

Is it possible that blade choice in a slant is less critical than with straight shooters?

My other razor is a '57 Super Slim adjustable.

Loving the slant world so far!

I shaved today with the 37c and the Nacet for shave number 2. It was Saturday, my Wednesday of my week. I decided to give it the test to see if it would really accomplish what I hoped. IT DID. A single pass ATG on my face and I was well within what’s required for work.

My total time spent from my feet hitting the floor until I was sitting down for supper, ready to go ,was about 20 minutes. That was S/S/S and fully dressed in half the time i normally take. The 37c has lived up to and even exceeded my expectations.

I will end up with one more razor. It will be a slant and could possibly be the Wunderbar, but that remains to be seen. At the very least, it will be another 37c or a 39c or even the RR German 37 head because, as of now, I never want to be without a slant.

AoM;Knight of the Veg Table;B.O.S.S.;MFR2019

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I love my new Putali heavy duty slant bar razor. While the fit and finish is just OK for the $20 price tag, I love the fact that I get consistently smooth BBS shaves in only two passes.

DSCF0011 - Edited.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-28-19
Pre: Pre de Provence Verbena
Soap: Pre de Provence shave soap
Razor / Blade: RazoRock German 37 Slant / Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Yaqi Black Marble Handle tuxedo synth

DSCF0008 - Edited (1).jpg

B5005988-3D1B-48F5-95E6-820ABE288831.jpeg
Today was the German 37 Colonel x2L and CC Venture.
Another great shave. A smooth two pass and go. Loving the brush too!
This has been as successful experience.
I’m even considering a possible future purchase of a 37c or ATT slant.
But, there’s time.
I want to enjoy this setup.
By the way, Personna Red blade.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
For tomorrow: SOTD 04-05-19
Pears Transparent Soap
Arko
Putali Ltd. Slant Bar Razor
Derby Extra (1)
Mr PB24BA-04 Pure Badger
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0006 - Edited (2).jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Greetings Brothers!!! I had my first DE shave in months -- been on an SE kick so long, I almost cut myself loading my Ikon X3 Slant with the OSS handle. Pics will follow....I promise. As I've been faceturbating for the last few hours, I would say I managed a BBS. I used a Dorco Prime, some Margarita's in the Artic, a Yaqi 24mm synthetic, and 3 passes WGT, XTG, and ATG. The X3 was very smooth, almost no blade feel, but very efficient.

Top Bottom