What's new

B&M suggestions?

I have been wet shaving since 1989, and recently tried B&M Seville. It was among the best products of the dozens of soaps and creams I have used. I loved the slickness, cushion, face feel and scent. I then ordered B&M Rhapsody and it gave the same great shave but the scent, to me, is awful. Can anyone suggest a B&M scent for someone who loves Seville and hates Rhapsody?

I like Seville, don't care much for Rhapsody and Adagio.

Among my B&Ms I mostly favor Leviathan, Hollows and Lavanille.

So far agree with all the suggestions - I sold my rhapsody and 42. Seville is in my rotation all the time. I like Beaudelaire too and Cologne Russe. I think these are heavier frags though wouldn't not use in summer necessarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love B&M, but their scents are hard to predict ahead of time. Maggards carries samples of both the Latha line and the "regular" line so I'd start there.

When it comes back in stock try Le Grande Chypre.

Just an amazing scent. I started a thread in this soap forum about it

Arctique - face freezing menthol with peppermint scent

Leviathan - coffee scent, splash more so

Reserve Spice - Old spice take

Reserve Cool - Floid Blue take

Reserve Original - Gillette Sunup (?) take

Latha Lavanda - Lavender!

Latha Oceana - clean, aquatic scent

Latha Taiga - conifer forest scent

Lavanille - dirty, earthy lavender

The Reserve line and Latha line are both different bases than the main line

This is a helpful thread!

I'm aware that that their Latha line is cheaper than their original line, but is it considered equal in terms of performance? Is it a lesser soap?

I have been wet shaving since 1989, and recently tried B&M Seville. It was among the best products of the dozens of soaps and creams I have used. I loved the slickness, cushion, face feel and scent. I then ordered B&M Rhapsody and it gave the same great shave but the scent, to me, is awful. Can anyone suggest a B&M scent for someone who loves Seville and hates Rhapsody?
If you like Seville like I do, and think Rhapsody is awful like I do, I would suggest Cheshire, Le Grand Chypre, 42, Spice and Cool soaps.

Top Bottom