What's new

B&M suggestions?

Cheshire if you like the smell of Earl Grey tea. A matching aftershave of Cheshire will be released in July along with Seville.

Cheshire if you like the smell of Earl Grey tea. A matching aftershave of Cheshire will be released in July along with Seville.

That is a great news, love the scent of Cheshire. Few years back I was able to get the splash but it was dropped and I was totally bummed that is was no longer in production.

I am a citrus lover. I do like Seville very much but I am a little surprised some did not also like 42. To me, 42 is like a lemon, lightly sweet, tea scented soap. I enjoyed it. Latha Limon is also great. Limon is a lemon scent with a touch of orange with a minor touch of rose to take the bitterness off and I find it great. I also enjoyed Dickens, Cologne Russe, Bay Rum and Rhapsody. These last ones, I must admit, I did not care for at first but have grown on me. For several days I would smell them and after a while, I started to pick up some of the other notes. It seemed that whatever I had smelled recently or just before has an affect on what I smell next or so it seemed. In the end I have come to appreciate these scents but Seville is still my favorite.

I will suggest, for another time, to order B&M samples. Maggards sells them at a reasonable price. Also, the new Reserve line samples can be purchased directly at the B&M website. Pretty much everything has a sample available.

B&M is my favorite artisan soap maker. They all shave well. All are slick. All are cushioning. Some thoughts on those I've tried:
  • Seville - If I had to pick one B&M as a daily driver, this would be it. The old Seville was great, and B&M made it shave better with their Glissant formula. I go to Seville more often than any soap I own.
  • Cheshire - Another fine daily soap. I hope they redo Cheshire with their Glissant recipe like they did with Seville.
  • Adagio - A wonderful summer soap with a nice finishing hint of menthol which is not overpowering at all, but just enough to refresh your face. During summer I use Adagio a lot. I don't use it in winter.
  • 42 - IMHO its a complex scent with lots of citrus and floral stuff going on. Its a strong scent, too. For me its a bit much for a daily soap, but I love it as an occasional treat. Particularly in summer.
  • Hallows - Like all B&M soaps, it shaves beautifully. Unfortunately, its the only B&M scent I don't like. Lots of people rave about the Hallows scent, but to me it smells like spicy dirt. Not revolting, just not pleasant to me.

My all-time favorite is Night Music. I can see why it turns some off and it's not really a scent for these warmer months.

In very close second, and a good all year round performer, is Cheshire. It doesn't get the love or hype that it deserves, but damn does it smell good.

And my newly acquired Reserve Spice is climbing the ladder too. I'm not a big fan of old spice type scents, but this one I'm drawn to more and more.

Top Bottom