What's new

B&M splash vs balm

Eben Stone

Staff member
I typically like splashes, but that's not saying much because I only have one balm, Muhle sea buckthorn. I'm not a huge fan of the Muhle balm because its greasy and takes a long time to soak in. I don't want to end up more like that. I'm curious to know what the B&M balms are like, or should I just play it safe and go for the splashes. Thanks.

The B&M balms are very winter-like in that they are heavier and long-lasting. The scent on the balm lasts a very long time.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The B&M balms are very winter-like in that they are heavier and long-lasting. The scent on the balm lasts a very long time.
Long lasting scent is a plus. I can still detect a trace of the Taiga soap scent 18 hours later after taking a shower. If the aftershaves, especially the balms, provide a scent boost that's going to be wonderful.

Long lasting scent is a plus. I can still detect a trace of the Taiga soap scent 18 hours later after taking a shower. If the aftershaves, especially the balms, provide a scent boost that's going to be wonderful.
I have several balms, and they are long lasting. I only have one A/S, and it lasts too (Seville), but the balms last longer for me.

I have lots of both and would trade my B&M balms for AS splash in a second.

The balms were a stopgap due to COVID alcohol shortages. I like them, but they are heavy and the AS is much better IMO.

Top Bottom