What's new

B&M Patches

I just ordered a tub of B&M's new summer scent, Patches, along with the matching aftershave. I'm super excited for themto arrive, as I really enjoy citrus scents for summer and scents reminiscent of quintessential Americana. This sounds like a great marriage of the two. Has anyone given it a go? Impressions?
And while we're at it, any recommendations of more scents in a similar vein?

proxy.php

I am curious about it as well. Every time i am about to order it I talk myself out if it. I am still working on my tub of 42 from the May release, and it has turned into my favorite soap. I love the scent and the performance of that one.

A great summer scent in a absolutely killer base is WhollyKaw Lav Sublime in their donkey milk base. Delightful, refreshing blend of lavender and lime essential oils.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I know nothing of this soap but please keep us informed of your thoughts when you get it. It sounds like a good soap.

Not Strawberry, but as far as fruit scents go, I like Dr. Jon’s Savannah Sunrise, as well as Oleo Soapworks Very Cherry.

Picked up a tub a couple weeks back, and it's exactly what you'd think it'd be: awesome B&M soap base, and a scent that smells like a strawberry patch. Not too sweet, not earthy, pretty dang well rounded. If you like strawberries and you like B&M soap, this thing is a winner.

The last thing I would reach for when eating a bowl of strawberries is the pepper mill. This seems like such an unusual pairing. Then again, Mike's does an orange and black pepper scent, and though I wouldn't put pepper on my oranges either, the scent works out fine. I think this could be a good scent for summer.

The last thing I would reach for when eating a bowl of strawberries is the pepper mill. This seems like such an unusual pairing. Then again, Mike's does an orange and black pepper scent, and though I wouldn't put pepper on my oranges either, the scent works out fine. I think this could be a good scent for summer.

I don't get any black pepper either out of the tub or during the shave, but I think what's accomplished by adding the black pepper is that it tones down what might otherwise be too sweet of a scent. Granted, this still smells like strawberries and will inherently be sweet, but it's not cloying IMHO.

Thanks all for the feedback and recommendations. I got the package today and tried out both the soap and AS. I agree with @dushea that there is a strawberry scent present but it is in no way cloying or “feminine.” To be frank, I’m not sure that I could discern the base is strawberry without having read the description. It’s almost reminiscent of the unidentifiable sweet/earthy incense smell that permeated all New Age shops during my coming-of-age years in the 90s. I really quite like it. As always, with B&M the performance factor is off the charts.

The aftershave is a bit more basil and less sweet than the soap, but it complements the soap well without being simply a second round of the exact same scent.

This combo gets an A+ in my book. As @dladuke correctly points out, YMMV.

shavefan

I’m not a fan

The scent of black peppercorns is actually pretty fruity.

Thanks all for the feedback and recommendations. I got the package today and tried out both the soap and AS. I agree with @dushea that there is a strawberry scent present but it is in no way cloying or “feminine.” To be frank, I’m not sure that I could discern the base is strawberry without having read the description. It’s almost reminiscent of the unidentifiable sweet/earthy incense smell that permeated all New Age shops during my coming-of-age years in the 90s. I really quite like it. As always, with B&M the performance factor is off the charts.

The aftershave is a bit more basil and less sweet than the soap, but it complements the soap well without being simply a second round of the exact same scent.

This combo gets an A+ in my book. As @dladuke correctly points out, YMMV.

Thanks for the review! Patches stays on the list then :).

Mine showed up today. Great scent and not overpowering. I plan to use it in the morning. Now... I just have to wait for the Hallows pre order.

I shaved with Patches for the third time this morning. I must say, I've never received so many compliments on any scent previously. I've had over 20 colleagues (both female and male) comment on how much they like the scent. It may be that it evokes a sense of summer joy in them (it certainly does in me), but for whatever reason, it seems to be a hit with virtually everyone. My wife and daughter love it too, which is of course the most important metric.

Boy oh boy you guys are not making it easy on me. I am trying to restrain myself, but this Patches sounds so good...

Been curious about trying this soap, and was happy to see an online vendor is clearing this out - I will give it a couple of go's when get it, and then tuck it away for next summer!

For those of you that have tried this soap, does the scent change some when you use it?

The scent I get out of the tub is more like a fermented, sour, odd synthesized, medicinal type of smell.

For those of you that have tried this soap, does the scent change some when you use it?

The scent I get out of the tub is more like a fermented, sour, odd synthesized, medicinal type of smell.
I know it’s an old thread, but it smells like strawberry in the container, but I get the earthy incense smell mentioned above when lathered. Actually, it smells like the comic book/baseball card shop- gum in the baseball card packs. It’s a pleasant, nostalgic smell for me. It’s fairly strong, but peaceful. It’s only fruity in the container.

Top Bottom