What's new

B&M Oceana vs Soap Commander Vision

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I like both of these soaps, but I like the mint in the Vision soap a lot. How many feel the same and how would you compare these two soaps?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I havent used either but I've been on the hunt for a clean fresh ocean or beach type scent.

Both of those formulations are fantastic. The Latha (Oceana) makes really nice soft feeling lather that leaves a nice face feel after you are done. It lathers quite easily and since it's so soft, it loads really easily too.

The Soap Commander is a much much harder soap, but it loads no problem. It just takes a bit longer. For a vegan soap it produces amazing lather. It's slicker than the Latha, though the Latha is very good in slickness also. The face feel of the Soap Commander isn't as good, but it's just fine.

Unfortunately, for me, the "water scent" chemical that is used in Oceana irritates my skin. Not really badly, but enough that I no longer use the soap at all. Which is too bad, since it really is a great soap formula. I've used 99.9% of a tub of Latha Taiga, which is the same formula; just a different scent.

Scent wise, I think the Soap Commander Vision is better than Oceana. I also like the mild cooling effect of the mint on my face as I shave.

Two fantastic soaps.

Brian.

Both of those formulations are fantastic. The Latha (Oceana) makes really nice soft feeling lather that leaves a nice face feel after you are done. It lathers quite easily and since it's so soft, it loads really easily too.

The Soap Commander is a much much harder soap, but it loads no problem. It just takes a bit longer. For a vegan soap it produces amazing lather. It's slicker than the Latha, though the Latha is very good in slickness also. The face feel of the Soap Commander isn't as good, but it's just fine.

Unfortunately, for me, the "water scent" chemical that is used in Oceana irritates my skin. Not really badly, but enough that I no longer use the soap at all. Which is too bad, since it really is a great soap formula. I've used 99.9% of a tub of Latha Taiga, which is the same formula; just a different scent.

Scent wise, I think the Soap Commander Vision is better than Oceana. I also like the mild cooling effect of the mint on my face as I shave.

Two fantastic soaps.

Brian.

That water scent in Oceana burned my face like it was acid!!

I have vision on the way.
I presume vision didn't irritate your skin??

Not in the slightest. Vision is a fantastic soap. I use it very very frequently.

Brian.

Excellent, great to hear!
Can't wait for mine.

Btw I love the latha line, I have original and lavender. It's only the Oceana that didn't work for me.

Not to derail the thread, I'm not sure about Oceana but Reef Point's Test Depth and Black Ship's Shipwreck Cove smell EXACTLY the same as Vision. They are clones to the point I'm upset that I have 3 soaps that smell the same. Great scent though, I love aquatic scents. I would rate them as Test Depth, Vision, and Shipwreck Cove in a performance list.

Top Bottom