What's new

B&M Le Grand Chypre, Chatillon Lux, Myrsol Emulsion, Mickey Lee, CRSW AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got several aftershaves (and one soap) for sale. These are all great products, but I’m not using them. (My wife is sensitive to scents, so I can’t use most of them around the house. Also, I am now using splashes on an almost exclusive basis.)

I’m selling these in 4 lots. Add $4 to your order for shipping.

1) Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave Splash and Soap ($40)
2) Chatillon Lux Catalan’s Prairie Shave Salve and La Foret de Liguest Aftershave Toner ($20)
3) Myrsol Emulsion ($15)
4) Mickey Lee Soapworks Aftershave Milk – The Kraken, Crown Shaving Aftershave Tonic, Cold River Soap Works Spring LE Aftershave, Aubrey Organics Men’s Stock North Woods After Shave Balm ($20)

Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre This is one of my favorite scents – more info here. The Aftershave Splash is very soothing and intensely scented. I’ve used it only 2 or 3 times. Soap is unused.
IMG_4709.jpg

Chatillon Lux Great products from an up-and-coming producer. Both are early versions of CF products and have the older labeling. I’ve only used each one a few times because they don’t pass my wife’s sniff test.

IMG_4712.jpg

Catalan’s Prairie Shave Salve 2 oz. jar – scent notes: violet, freesia, lavender, jasmine, labdanum and sandalwood
IMG_4713.jpg

The salve is a cream that is easily absorbed into your skin after shave. A great winter product.

La Foret de Liguest Aftershave Toner 2 oz. bottle – scent notes: “This bold, robust flavor embodies the vim and vigor of so many who were inspired by the industrious spirit of Saint Louis. It includes cypress, juniper, coriander, atlas cedar, rose, tuberose, geranium, bergamot, vanilla, vetiver, benzoin, cedarwood, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and grapefruit.”
IMG_4714.jpg

A non-alcohol based toner feels great on the skin. Separation of ingredients is natural. Shake before using.

Myrsol Emulsion This is a new, unopened bottle.
IMG_4708.jpg

Mickey Lee Soapworks Aftershave Milk – The Kraken, Crown Shaving Aftershave Tonic, Cold River Soap Works Spring LE Aftershave, Men’s Stock North Woods After Shave Balm
IMG_4715.jpg
IMG_4716.jpg

Mickey Lee Soapworks Aftershave Milk – The Kraken This is from the discontinued line of Aftershave Milks. Only used a few times.

Crown Shaving Aftershave Tonic – It’s difficult to see, but the product level is right below the top of the label and is about the same as (or a little higher than) the CRSW.

Cold River Soap Works Spring LE Aftershave – I can’t find a good description of the scent components. It’s a light, greenish scent. It’s very nice, but just not getting any attention from me.

Aubrey Organics Men’s Stock North Woods After Shave Balm – I’ve only used this a few times. Great ingredients.

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4711.jpg
    IMG_4711.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 18
I am potentially interested in the B&M Chypre set. You mention "intensely scented" on the AS. How so? Is it more floral or fruity or ____? Too strong to consider an "everyday" scent? I understand scents wear differently on people, but I'm just trying to get a better sense of this. (I like B&M products, and the scent profile intrigues me, but I can't get it together in my head what it must smell like.)

Edited to add: Not sure of the protocol here, but I just want to clarify that I'm legitimately interested, not just "kicking the tires".

Hey G.W.

No worries about questions! But, before I answer, I should let you know that the B&M and Chatillon Lux lots are sold pending funds.

Still - to answer your question - it is an intense floral and fruity scent. I just opened the jar of the soap and a strong peach-y scent arose from the jar. I love it, but it definitely is a scent that lets you know it's there. That intensity is one of the reasons that I have to let these go - they irritate my wife.

Le Grand Chypre is one of my all-time favorite soaps, so I strongly recommend that you try it (or a sample) when B&M reintroduces it later this year.

Edited to add: I think you could use it everyday. It's not offensive in any way. You would just have to be judicious in using both the soap and the AS I think.

Last edited:
OK, thanks.
If the current transaction on the B&M doesn't go through, I'd like to put my name in for it. Paypal is ready to go.

Thanks, and GLWTS!

Barrister & Mann, Chatillon Lux, and Myrsol lots are sold (pending funds on some). The 4-bottle lot is still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom