What's new

B&B's I Cycle, You Cycle, Let's Exchange Stories (aka B.I.C.Y.C.L.E.S.)

Love both Motobecanes @MntnMan62 and @camjr. Also love the neon green and black Cannondale @It's Hedley. I appreciate the photos. I am sadly being super lazy this year/spending all my time working on my house and squeezing a run in whenever I can (I know it is blasphemous but I don't have to clean my running chain.) I have no weather excuse to not ride as it is pretty much always beautiful here. Maybe I can get myself out there this week and/or weekend.

I must confess that while mine says Motobecane on it, that's where the similarity between mine and @camjr 's ends. His is real. Mine is made in Taiwan. That said, what I truly appreciate about it is not so much the frame but the kit. Full Ultregra 9, brakes, cranks etc. That is the best part of the bike. And I'll confess it's pretty quick. Now, if only I were in shape, I'd be able to do the bike more justice. I'm going to follow your example and start up little running routine this winter so that come spring time I'll be ready to hop back on the bike. And maybe I'll be a few pounds lighter.

I must confess that while mine says Motobecane on it, that's where the similarity between mine and @camjr 's ends. His is real. Mine is made in Taiwan. That said, what I truly appreciate about it is not so much the frame but the kit. Full Ultregra 9, brakes, cranks etc. That is the best part of the bike. And I'll confess it's pretty quick. Now, if only I were in shape, I'd be able to do the bike more justice. I'm going to follow your example and start up little running routine this winter so that come spring time I'll be ready to hop back on the bike. And maybe I'll be a few pounds lighter.
Thanks. My father bought it new in 1976 and rode the hell out of it until he hung it on ceiling hooks in 1982. It didn't move until Feb 2018 when I pulled it down, completely stripped it and built it back up, and have been riding it ever since. It's a perfect match for me at 52 years old and 220 pounds. It's very smooth, quite nimble, and soaks up rough pavement. The original Suntour derailleurs are still perfect to this day. Even the Zefal frame pump is original to the bike. I even have the original owner's manual!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Showers most of the way in, but thanks to the inspiration in this thread, I did it.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Showers most of the way in, but thanks to the inspiration in this thread, I did it.
proxy.php

I need some of your inspiration, but this morning it was 16 degrees when I would typically go for a ride. I have to say, I am not a fan of riding in the rain either. Good for you!

I'm afraid I would be unlikely to help at 16 degrees. I've ridden at around 30, that was cold enough for me (and my present winter kit).

I like to refer to Rule # 9 when dealing with the weather: Velominati › On Rule #9: The Badass Within - https://www.velominati.com/the-rules-cat/on-rule-9-the-badass-within/
Ha. Bad *** for sure. I was worn out just reading rule #9. I rather enjoy a 65 degree day, calm wind, sunshine, no precipitation, rolling hills (if any) and keep it under 50 miles!

Reactions: DBT

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I started doing tome Sprint Triathlons last summer and have been doing nearly all of my cycle training in spin classes at the Y. I picked up a used Cycle Ops Flued 2 trainer and am assembling the pieces for a trainer tire/wheel/cassette. I need to be able to shave those minutes off the bike because god knows I'm not getting better at running.

Rode my best lap at the local MTB park this evening, but was humbled by a guy who blasted past me on the expert loop and by a handful of other riders who beat my PR by minutes. And 57 degrees feels downright cold here in SWFL!

I forgot to add my first weekend ride for a long time. Took the road bike out for the first time in 6+ months. I decided to take it pretty easy for this one. 26.04 miles, 2 hours 4 minutes ride time, 12.6 mph average, 1335 feet climbed. We did a coffee/pastry stop for about for about 20 minutes near the midway point. Finished at an LBS that has beer on draft. I'm certain I put enough calories back in to counteract whatever benefit I may have gotten out of the ride.

This 54 year old is out of shape. First ride of 2020 today and seemingly into the wind and up hill for 13 miles. The winds are 15mph gusting to 20+, but still I was laboring. I lost 5lbs this winter and they must have all come from my legs. My average ride throughout the year is 30 miles, so 13 and gassed is a bit of a disappointment. We had a very wet and chilly December and January so no good opportunities to ride. Today 65 degrees is forecast. It was great to get out and ride to one of my favorite spots...

IMG_4531.jpeg

If everything keeps up as it is I should do between 4500-5000 miles this year. We just had a local fatality in the last two weeks. A real experienced rider. No witnesses so only one story gets told. The roads here in this area of North Carolina are not bike friendly. SASA,hopefully.

Mixed surface ride yesterday, about 80 % dirt. 18 miles, 2000 feet of climbing. One short, steep section required my out of shape legs and lungs to hike a bike.

Mixed surface ride yesterday, about 80 % dirt. 18 miles, 2000 feet of climbing. One short, steep section required my out of shape legs and lungs to hike a bike.

I refuse to accept, "out of shape." I just call that cross-training. It's important to keep your legs guessing.

I checked my stats on my bikeshare rides from Feb 2019 to end of Jan 2020: 613 rides, averaging just under 13 minutes per ride.

Not a bad deal for $100 Canadian.

Rode to work today. A little chilly to start (37F), but warmed up quickly. Terrible photo of the early part of the sunrise on the way:
proxy.php

Very windy from the S ahead of a strong front today. Most of my typical post work ride is E-W, but there are three northbound Strava segments on the route, so I shamelessly headed out. Missed two PRs by a few seconds, but made fifth all time on one segment. Strava does motivate me to get outside some days.

Awaiting tonight’s severe weather...

First riding at Santos Trails today. Great time! Over 28 miles ridden. I chickened out on the drop I’m standing over, but did some stuff that I never have before.
995D9BBC-64D9-42B2-A1D1-C57F23C0CE98.jpeg
If you mtb and you visit CFL, this is a must! You can rent a bike and ride from the shop to the main trailhead and all the fun!

Top Bottom