What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

53470FA2-7A64-4FEF-9732-288ADB6A544C.jpeg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant “FOCS”
Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (2)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress” with 26mm V10 Fanchurian (Bulb)
Soap and Aftershave: Dr Jon’s Savannah Sunrise

I had a super close and smooth BBS like I’ve gotten each shave from the Super Chrome. No cuts or irritation and a little blood in the water, a weeper, I think one of the super chrome / super stainless hybrid sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads might have grazed me with their laser.

To summarize my thoughts on the Shark blade. I only used a Super Chrome as I didn’t have the others but will order a tuck of the other two to try next year. I really enjoyed the Super Chrome in the Timeless .95, the shaves were effortless and enjoyable BBS shaves with no issues. I got close and smooth shaves with the FOCS but they felt rougher during the shave. For longevity, I got 3 shaves which is consistent with the average blade. Would I buy a bulk pack of them? Possibly but I’ll likely keep a tuck or two on hand to use as I enjoy a few other blades more.

Well my first Shark Week on B&B has come to an end. I want to thank @BigJ for organizing this and all you fine gents for the laughs and entertaining posts. I’m looking forward to next years Shark Week already.​

Razor : Razorock Eco
Blade : Shark SS(5) half blade
Soap : Cade
Brush : Semogue 620
AS : Avon Everest

This razor/blade combo needed a very light touch and caution.
DFS shave not quite as close as the last couple shaves.
3 weepers and probably wont use this razor with the Shark again.
Its been interesting this week...no Shark shaves till next Shark week for me.

7-18-21.JPG

Shave #8

JAWS .84
Super Stainless (2)
Atlantis brush
Oceana soap and A/S balm

My final shark week shave. The SS shark was slow today and I was able to get in and out of the water before he knew I was there. No blood today! I was finally able to get a good lather with the Oceana today. Thirsty soap but a little goes a long way face lathering. Finished with a good DFS.

3 shaves each with the Chrome and Platinum. 2 shaves on the Stainless. Overall, I would say I preferred the Chrome but the Platinum was a close second. I think I could use the SC and the SP on a regular basis. My experience with the SS was better this year but not a blade I would pick for regular use.

Thanks to @BigJ for hosting this event! I enjoyed all the humor. After 8 days with JAWS and shark blades I am ready to get back to my Rex. My wife actually asked what A/S I was using. She really likes the Oceana! This is something as I have 5 other aftershaves I normally use and this is the first time she has ever told me she liked how I smelled! Great way to end shark week! Time to pack up my gear and head to the mainland leaving the sharks to feed on the fishes. Happy Shaves to all.

Day 8
Brush: Whipped Dog silvertip
Razor: Merkur Progress @4
Soap: Maggard Razors London Barbershop
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (5th shave)

Shark Week has ended, but I'm going to stay with the SS Shark blades for a while, since they are great. [emoji1655]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

M

mtcn77

Day 8
Brush: Whipped Dog silvertip
Razor: Merkur Progress @4
Soap: Maggard Razors London Barbershop
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (5th shave)

Shark Week has ended, but I'm going to stay with the SS Shark blades for a while, since they are great. [emoji1655]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the shark pool where the nerves are tense and waters are dangerous.🌊🐠🐟🎣

Thanks for reminding me of these blades folks. I've been at this for ten months now and still have a bunch of different blades to try. I'd forgotten all about the Sharks, so today I put a super stainless in my Razorock SLOC and was blown away by how great a shave I got. I'd heard so many negatives about the blade I was that much more surprised. These might be a keeper, will try the chrome and platinum before I decide for sure!

I still had to report the last 2 shaves.
1) Face shave
Shark Plat #2
RR Jaws 0.68
MDC
2+ pass shave
Had 3 weepers after being done.
Both my shaves w Platinum had some blood.....

2)
Head and face shave (3days growth)
Shark SS #1
Fitjar
Muhle synthetic
AS Speick
AB: Trader Joes (antioxidant)
Muhle Rocca\
2+ pass shave. NO issues, close shave and NO irritation. There is a day and night difference for me , Shark SS is OK, the coated ones for some reason cause me to bleed.

Shark week over and out.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
TUESDAY
20 July, 2021

______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: H.I.S 25mm synth
Lather: ARKO stick
Razor: Oristo
Blade: SHARK "Super Stainless"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Ted Lapidus

View attachment 1298200
Sharko Week is officially over, but, as I
neglected my tonsorial duties these past
two days, I thought it fitting to risk one
last swim in Sharko's bloody waters.

Thanks, BigJ, for getting this whole week
organized and ginning up the excitement
and the all-important participation.
Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

M

mtcn77

One extra commentary, sharko week has been kind to me. Yesterday evening's shave has enabled a stubble free face until the morning and good memories for the family holiday photo.
Yaqi Slant is also part of this working frame and has a big portion of the credit.

Shark Week Extended Version
In the morning I had an excellent headshave with the Super Chrome, FOCS & Palmolive mentholated cream.

Then I tried the Super Stainless in the Tech with Nivea. The shave was ok and bloodless but still the Super Chrome feels better to me @ivan_101 .

For next year’s event I will start right away with the SC.

Many thanks to @BigJ for hosting the event and keeping the beasts happy 😃
6645C43B-CF21-4426-8580-96D7B2C3F580.jpeg

Thanks for reminding me of these blades folks. I've been at this for ten months now and still have a bunch of different blades to try. I'd forgotten all about the Sharks, so today I put a super stainless in my Razorock SLOC and was blown away by how great a shave I got. I'd heard so many negatives about the blade I was that much more surprised. These might be a keeper, will try the chrome and platinum before I decide for sure!

Good man! You need to try blades for yourself. And it is tough to beat the Shark graphics!! :a29:

Shark Week Extended Version
In the morning I had an excellent headshave with the Super Chrome, FOCS & Palmolive mentholated cream.

Then I tried the Super Stainless in the Tech with Nivea. The shave was ok and bloodless but still the Super Chrome feels better to me @ivan_101 .

For next year’s event I will start right away with the SC.

Many thanks to @BigJ for hosting the event and keeping the beasts happy 😃
View attachment 1299478
So, does the blue Nivea cream work as expected to you? (very protective)

So, does the blue Nivea cream work as expected to you? (very protective)
Yes it does. I have added more and more water from shave to shave so my lather is now much wetter than with other creams. The first bowl was super sticky now it’s borderline runny and still very protective. Thanks Ivan, this will be my new travel cream as the Palmolive is nearly gone.

Yes it does. I have added more and more water from shave to shave so my lather is now much wetter than with other creams. The first bowl was super sticky now it’s borderline runny and still very protective. Thanks Ivan, this will be my new travel cream as the Palmolive is nearly gone.
Just don't buy the white 'sensitive' variety. Much thinner. I have tried it a few times and strange enough I get cuts with it.

Top Bottom