Arko
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean

IMG-2954.jpg

No blood but a little tugging.

JAWS .84
Fresh Super Platinum
Oceana soap and balm
Atlantis brush

Blood in the water! Staying with relatives. They have soft water and that always adds some extra sickness. Got over confident and nicked my neck. Steptic sealed it off before the Shark knew it was there! Overall, the plat provided a good smooth shave.

Shark Week - Shave 2

'71 Gillette Tech
Shark SS (2)
Lee's Safety badger
Moon Soaps Havana Soap and AS Balm

I normally don't shave everyday, but yesterday's shave was so poor that I decided to head back into the waters today. This is definitely not the sharpest nor the smoothest blade. It takes pressure to get it to cut anything. But three passes with some touch-ups made for a DFS with some minor irritation. Still no blood. But, this Tech is so mild, it's probably countering the shark's teeth!

I'll put the blade in the Carbon razor on Thursday and see if there's any bite there.

I said it already in another thread a couple of days ago. Many companies manufacture different products in visually absolutely the same packaging for Western and Eastern Europe. P&G has been doing it with the shampoo and the laundry detergents for many years. I am pretty sure Milka chocolate sold here has nothing in common with the one in your country. I know, I bought a couple from Germany last year. A few years back the Czech government told the European comission this is unacceptable after conducting their own comparison tests. But nothing happened in the end.

Ivan, you're right. There will be differences for products across Europe for things like chocolate.

As for this Lidl splashes, there was a thread about the Lidl splashes here and it had the American and European versions, and there are pictures for and the ingredients list for both looks about the same, but whether they smell and perform the same is something I do not know.

Last edited:
Tuesday July 13

View attachment 1296067

Parker A1R
Shark Super Chrome (2)
Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
Arko
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean

View attachment 1296068

No blood but a little tugging.
It looks like that Parker razor has the same head as my Gillette Heritage.
It might look to you the same from that angle, but they are quite different. The gap on the Parkers is huge. Adds aggression. Bottom plate has a very different profile. Nothing common between both razors.

Returning to the deeps:
JAWS .84 with 🦈 SS
B&M Cool Soap and Balm

Got confident and saw a dot of red in a normally easy area ATG. It’s like the sharks snuck into the kiddie pool. End results was super smooth. I’ll be stuck on the sand tomorrow but be back in the water Thursday.

Shark Week
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE86
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Co - Best Badger 25mm
Pre-Shave: Face Wash and Scrub
Lather: Proraso - Green
Aftershave: Prada - L’Homme (balm)
0AC6A599-F641-4258-B054-AA6BAD8BD251.jpeg

1A2D6DC6-47A4-45EC-B3DB-4FE6E3BFA6CF.jpeg
Shave Rating: 10/10
Exact re-enactment of my first wet shave
Everything from blade to mug is exactly as it was on my first wet shave after I switched from a Mach 3 cartridge razor.
I must admit that although my first wasn’t too bad, this revisitation was much better. On my first shave I was ready to abandon DE shaving because it was so pitifully ineffective on my whiskers. Then I realized I had the base plate of the razor on backwards. It went much better after that.
Todays shave was pleasant and efficient without the razor burn I encountered on my first trial. I forgot how scritchy this first Amazon badger brush was.
The Shark was my first ever DE blade and I’ve always held a place for it in my heart.
9271A69D-BEFD-40ED-9D7D-C9389968D65B.jpeg

Last edited:
Ivan, you're right. There will be differences for products across Europe for things like chocolate.

As for this Lidl splashes, there was a thread about the Lidl splashes here and it had the American and European versions, and there are pictures for and the ingredients list for both looks about the same, but whether they smell and perform the same is something I do not know.
Thanks, but no thanks. I am not buying anything aftershave from Lidl anymore. Their balm sucks too. Nivea is so much better. You know why you pay a couple of euros more. Life's too short to use subpar skin products. :biggrin1:

Loaded up a super stainless in my trusty old 70s Tech and got an absolutely wonderful shave.

So far this week I've tried all 3 Shark variants, and only drew blood with the Platinum so far.

1920s Wade and Butcher old type dupe - Super Chrome = Wonderful shave
Gillette NEW LC - Platinum = 4 weepers + wicked aftershave burn
'79 UK Gillette Tech - Super Stainless = Wonderful shave

All 3 blades now have 1 use and will be rotating them between the 3 razors throughout the rest of the week.

Believe it or not, no blood. I didn't even cut myself while modifying the blade!
View attachment 1295624
Razor: Ever-Ready 1924
Blade: Shark Super Chrome, modified
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
View attachment 1295625
Whaaaat!!!

How did you modify the blade? Assuming it will also work with an old Gem 1912? Would love to join you with a shark single edge shave.

In the middle of testing a blade and forgot it was shark week! I had two final shaves with a Parker Premium Platinum this week, but I've done some digging and it turns out the score for Jaws 3-D was composed and conducted by Alan Parker, so at least I am shaving to a shark theme :laugh: ! I'll be shaving with one of the three Sharks tomorrow for the rest of the week and a couple of days next week to make up for the oversight!

Shark Week - 2nd shave

Pre: Cube mentholated soap
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Brush: Semogue 1438 boar
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD500
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Cream: Arko Lavender sensitive
Post: cold water, LEA alum, Epsilon Blue med and Arko Lavender sensitivebalm

No sharks biting today. Nice comfortable 3 pass shave.

Top Bottom