What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Shark Week Shave #1

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Open Comb
Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap and Aftershave: Murphy and McNeil Garda Siochana

The Shark Super Chrome was the second blade I tried when I began wet shaving a year and a half ago and have been waiting for Shark Week to try them again. Looking back at my shave notes from the three shaves with the Super Chrome, I got 3 or so weepers per shave and some irritation on my neck. I noted though that I liked the sharpness of the blade and need to try them again when my technique improves as they have potential.

Well tonight, I decided to jump in the water and swim with the sharks. I chose Guarda Siochana as my soap and splash as it is my favourite aquatic scent, thought I’d mask my scent and throw off any nearby hungry sharks…hopefully. It was a smart choice, the first two passes (WTG & XTG) were effortless and efficient with no run ins with any sharks as I swam near the shore. After the second pass, I felt my face and I could have stopped there with a DFS+, I was pleasantly surprised and didn’t expect that. I did contemplate putting down the razor, but where’s the fun in that. As I was applying lather for the third pass, I heard @BigJ ‘s voice (or what I assume he would sound like) saying “there will be blood in the water!”, causing me to pause for a brief moment as I took deep breaths to calm myself and second guess my decision to swim out deeper into the unknown. Well, go big or go home I say and swam out past the buoys. The ATG pass was effortless as well, with no buffing required, no irritation and most importantly, no blood in the water. The result was a glass like BBS and I made it past the buoys then back to the shore unscathed, able to swim another day. Tomorrow is a new day and brings new dangers from below the water but I’m excited to jump back in and show the sharks I won’t be intimidated!

E08ED386-4D7E-4FAC-B88D-8ABFE3032A91.jpeg

Sharko 3.jpg

Sharko #3

13/07/2021

Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (3)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
AS - Cien Aqua

No blood in the water but not the closest shave today, a few spots where I have a little more growth left behind than usual.

2nd day of Shark Week

I retired the Shark Super Chrome blade with 8+ shaves (but less than 12) and opened the cage of Shark Platinum.

Parker Variant Adjustable @6
Shark Platinum
Arko
RazoRock Beehive

To give it a fair hancevat showing it's teeth, I paired it with Parker Variant Adjustable @6 setting :letterk1: :punk:

No blood, no pink lather!

View attachment 1295545

2 Pass BBS shave with a grin on my face, these Shark blades are underrated, if this Platinum blade continues to be so efficient then it is going to become my new favorite blade.

Arko provided enough protection for the shave and such a close shave, not one single stray hair left unshaved.
Lovely razor

View attachment 1295944

Sharko #3

13/07/2021

Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (3)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
AS - Cien Aqua

No blood in the water but not the closest shave today, a few spots where I have a little more growth left behind than usual.
So, to keep the tradition of asking you about your aftershaves, I'll ask: Do you have Lidl in the UK? Those Cien Aqua are available here. Not sure if they are the same formulation as in the UK, but the one sold here gives me a burn for quite a long time during the day.

D5300955-FEC4-407F-8C93-43D5E17E2FF6.jpeg

Shark Week SOTD #3

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Stirling Orange Chill

Good morning! I decided today to take a breather from using Arko. It will be back tomorrow. Face lathered Orange Chill with the Starcraft, got a slick and refreshing lather. The Shark was threatening to bite early on, so I slowed down and tried to be very deliberate about what I was doing, and ended up with a very nice shave. Near BBS. No blood, lots of aftershave burn.

So, to keep the tradition of asking you about your aftershaves, I'll ask: Do you have Lidl in the UK? Those Cien Aqua are available here. Not sure if they are the same formulation as in the UK, but the one sold here gives me a burn for quite a long time during the day.

Yes, we do have Lidl in the UK and it's my favourite supermarket by quite some distance. It's the only place where in the aisle next to the frozen peas there is one which on any given day can have hiking gear, a pizza paddle and fishing lures.

My Cien splash is made in Germany, and I presume it's the same they export to all their other stores across Europe (and beyond). I like the Cien Aqua splash, it's a nice marine style scent. I have quite sensitive skin, and react to a lot of things but I can use this one without any irritation.

ShArko
Jumped in head first, straight off the boat today. Tried the new to me shark super stainless in my Ti blackbird. A tiny weeper in the usual trouble spot for me, but calm sees to follow and bootleggers Bay Rum had it sealed and sanitized in no time.

A close comfortable shave though the super stainless may be a bit mild for my taste.

View attachment 1295829
* seas
This is what I get for posting late at night 🙄

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ll keep you apprised if I ever get there myself. First shipment came today and while I’ve always liked the scent there’s no way you can hide it from the CO if you have a large amount stashed away, I know mine would go searching for it too [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One should ease into things. No rush. Think the long game 👍🏼
I like the way both of youse guys think!

I swear, I've been living like Heinlein's "the man who was too lazy to fail!"

No joke. Crazy. I need to write that book doggone!

Sharko 3

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Shark Super Chrome
Brush WCS Beacon 24mm Silvertip
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
A/S Pinaud Lime Sec

Sharko 3.jpg

9/10 DFS Blood In The Water!!!

Two small weepers, one in a skin tag on my neck that gets bit at least once a week but the other was in the middle of a wide expanse on my neck where I never get weepers. A cold water rinse stopped both. I did do a lot of blade buffing there but still it was unusual. I am going to call the Super Chrome an Oceanic White Tip as they prowl the vast open ocean where food is scarce looking for an opportunity to eat. Remember the USS Indianapolis. I found the Chrome less comfortable than the Platinum and I binned it already. Tomorrow I am on to the SSS.

Yes, we do have Lidl in the UK and it's my favourite supermarket by quite some distance. It's the only place where in the aisle next to the frozen peas there is one which on any given day can have hiking gear, a pizza paddle and fishing lures.

My Cien splash is made in Germany, and I presume it's the same they export to all their other stores across Europe (and beyond). I like the Cien Aqua splash, it's a nice marine style scent. I have quite sensitive skin, and react to a lot of things but I can use this one without any irritation.
I said it already in another thread a couple of days ago. Many companies manufacture different products in visually absolutely the same packaging for Western and Eastern Europe. P&G has been doing it with the shampoo and the laundry detergents for many years. I am pretty sure Milka chocolate sold here has nothing in common with the one in your country. I know, I bought a couple from Germany last year. A few years back the Czech government told the European comission this is unacceptable after conducting their own comparison tests. But nothing happened in the end.

View attachment 1295921
Shave 2 for Shark Week. I corked the blade this morning before using it. Very minimal improvement. Another couple of weepers and some red blotches after the shave. More blood in the water. Thinking of chucking the blade and finishing Shark Week with a Shark Super Stainless. I am not sure if I want to try Shave number 3 with the same blade.
I used the Super Chrome for the first time today and had weepers also. I have the Stainless on deck for tomorrow as well.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
TUESDAY
of
SHARKO WEEK

13 July, 2021
______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: Stirling "Kong"
Lather: ARKO stick
Razor: Oristo
Blade: SHARK "Super Stainless"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Caron "Third Man"

Another close, comfortable and bloodless shave.
But I'd best respect and honor the shark anyway:
"Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
You know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
So there's never, never a trace of red . . ."

(Sorry about all the dopey links. They
were embedded in the lyrics I copied.)

Stay healthy, everyone!