What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

M

mtcn77

I got my Arko stick in the mail today. I’ve heard the scent described all kinds of ways, but nothing prepared me for this. It smells like... the Devil’s baby powder. On the surface it’s a clean, slightly soapy, slightly powdery inoffensive scent... until it isn’t. Then you notice something’s a little off. And then you smell it more to figure out what it is, and then the cycle continues.
Bowl lathering is my go to routine. I cannot tolerate the stuff when it is powdery, it is itchy.

I got my Arko stick in the mail today. I’ve heard the scent described all kinds of ways, but nothing prepared me for this. It smells like... the Devil’s baby powder. On the surface it’s a clean, slightly soapy, slightly powdery inoffensive scent... until it isn’t. Then you notice something’s a little off. And then you smell it more to figure out what it is, and then the cycle continues.
The scent seems to soften as it airs out. Either that or you go nose blind. :straight:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The scent seems to soften as it airs out. Either that or you go nose blind. :straight:
It doesn't air out, I put mine I'm a dip bowl for nearly a year and it still smells like urinal puck to me, I am just hoping Arko-Sharko week let's me 3017 the remains of it otherwise I am using my least favourite soap (now that my Wilkinson Sword Blue puck is gone) and my least favourite blades for nothing.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun 11 Shark Week 1st SOTD (No blood in the water)
Soap B&M Cheshire👍👍👍
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + B&M Cheshire AS Balm
I just love this soap scent! The lather qualities are great as well...richly creamy and slick...really marvelous!
The shave with the razor paired with the blade plus a shim was wonderfully efficient, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Matching aftershave balm leaves a longer-lasting nice aroma.
20210711_131702.jpg

20210710_110534-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #178/2021
11-07-2021

>> SHARK WEEK 2021 <<
Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura butterscotch handle
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Oceana
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger 0.84 Jaws
Blade: Shark Super Stainless(1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea After Shave Fluid.

First use of the SHARK Super Stainless. I guess it's been mandatory to pair it with a Jaws and Oceana for the start of SHARK WEEK.

After just one shave it's way to early to evaluate or to even finally judge a blade, however, the shave was okay. Seems to be a medium sharp blade in my face.

We'll see if the attributes of the SSS change with more uses.

Enjoy the SHARK WEEK- and your Sunday, y'all!

Shark Week shave:

RazoRock BBS razor
Shark Super Chrome blade
RazoRock Beehive 28 mm Plissoft
Arko stick
Witch Hazel and Hyaluronic Acid

IMG_20210711_115338.jpg

I used the Arko and Shark blade combination for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Arko provided great lather and scent was refreshing for me, a great start to the Sunday morning.

Beehive is a great face lathering brush, it's 28mm Plissoft knot provided excellent face feel and the bulb knot with slightly pointy end at the top provided precision for the upper lip area.

Shark Super Chrome blade is showing some signs of losing it's bite (6+ shaves on it) and I'll use it in a more efficient razor from tomorrow.

BBS razor has a tendency to tone down the bite of any blade so Shark Super Chrome blade cannot be dismissed just yet.

Wishing you all a great Shark Week.

Thank you @Chad3 for the heads up on 8 day Shark week, I missed it.

SOTD 11.7.21 Shark week

Pre: Cube mentholated soap
Shave cream: Arko Lavender sensitive
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Blade: Shark super stainless
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500
Post shave: cold water, Thayer's unscented witch hazel and Arko Lavender balm.

No sharks biting today:). The rocket razor and shark blade delivered a nice smooth shave with no dramas. First time I've used the rocket for 3 months and it reminded me what a nice razor this is. This will be my shaving combination for rest of the week. Have a nice weekend all and best of luck to England in tonights final.

SOTD 11.7.21 Shark week

Pre: Cube mentholated soap
Shave cream: Arko Lavender sensitive
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Blade: Shark super stainless
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500
Post shave: cold water, Thayer's unscented witch hazel and Arko Lavender balm.

No sharks biting today:). The rocket razor and shark blade delivered a nice smooth shave with no dramas. First time I've used the rocket for 3 months and it reminded me what a nice razor this is. This will be my shaving combination for rest of the week. Have a nice weekend all and best of luck to England in tonights final.
Forget to mention I also used the Semogue 1438 boar hair brush.

IMG_20210711_114014.jpg

Arko Sharko Shave #1

11/07/2021

Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom New OC
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (1)
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Sometimes I stumble across a combination of razor and blade that is exquisitely smooth and comfortable, it's difficult to imagine coming across a better combination. It seemed to glide across my face without the slightest bit of resistance.
A really great slick lather with the Arko as well, and the 2.5 passes were as close and comfortable as can be.

No blood in the water, and no post shave burn when I put the splash on.

My ShArko week is off to a great start.

Have a good Sunday and enjoy your shaves my friends.

A2F9BCF8-AC67-4D11-A62F-9E2EDB37D93E.jpeg

Shark Week SOTD #1

Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)
Soap: Arko Shave Stick grated into jar
Brush: Sea Glass / PAA Nexus
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! Today was my first use of both the Shark blade and Arko soap. Aside from the scent, I was pleasantly surprised by Arko’s performance. I face lathered and it lathered easily with good slickness and protection. The Shark blade... did not make me want to add it to the rotation, but with using shorter slower strokes than I normally do, I did end up with a nice BBS. No cuts or weepers. Finished with Santa Paula.

I'm in...
RazoRock Game Changer JAWS 68
Shark Super Stainless
RazoRock "Bruce" Plissoft
Stirling Deep Blue Sea

Shark_Week.jpg

"Now you've seen how bad things can get and how quick they can get that way. Well, they can get a whole lot worse. So we're not going to fight anymore! We're going to pull together and we're gonna find a way to get out of here! First, we're gonna seal off this pool—"
-- Samuel L. Jackson as Russell Franklin in Deep Blue Sea (1999)

Top Bottom