What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Thank you @BigJ for this event, it was a great opportunity for me to test the Shark blades.

I may have gotten mixed experience with the blades, but it has piqued my interest in the Shark SS blades and I'll try them as well.

For me Shark Super Chrome blade worked well and if I find a good deal while shopping, they'll be procured in hundreds.

Another great experience while participating with some fine gentlemen.

Shark Week - Shave #8 - Shark Chrome

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Shark Chrome (4), CTS Mr Pepper, GrayDog GreyWolf Brush

The Shave: Final Shark Week Shave and WOW!! Sharks like Dr Pepper scented shave soaps. Kept them distracted enough for this morning's shave to be a nice, uneventful DFS shave!

Huge Thank You to @BigJ for organizing this year's Shark Week Shave!! Glad that there wasn't too much Blood In The Water!!

20210717_083726.jpg

The last day of Shark Week!

Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
3o6Mb4IhUgKqT4Naes.gif

Thanks, @BigJ it has been fun!

Shark Week 2021 Shave #8

Razor: RazoRock JAWS .84 🦈
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Soap: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Brush: DSC Synthetic
AS: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Blood in the water!!!

The Shark bit me a few times today on my final swim this morning. :boat:

Many Thanks to @BigJ for hosting another fantastic Shark Week. As always it was great fun and I hope we do it again next year.

Shark Week Finale...
Yaqi Mellon DOC
Shark Super Stainless
Proraso Sandalwood

SWS_20210718.jpg

I'm glad to be done with the JAWS but I plan to continue with the Shark SS blade. Yesterday's shave with the JAWS was close, but today's shave with the DOC was both close and comfortable. As I suspected, the blades were not at fault for my issues last week. And the results yesterday help reinforce my belief in sticking with the same razor/blade combo for at least a week to figure out what does and doesn't work. At any rate, I look forward to finishing off the tub of Proraso with this current setup.

Thanks @BigJ for organizing the event; I'm already looking forward to next year. Be well and stay safe...

I did my final Shark Week shave today. This time I used the Winning razor, which arrived yesterday. After 8 days, I finally got a BBS this AM.

Brush: Jayaruh Synthetic
Soap: Proraso green (tub)
Razor: WSC Winning Razor
Blade: Shark SS (8)

A totally bloodless Shark Week. :clap:

Of course that was with just the Shark SS, the SC might not have been as co-operative.

Onward to the Wizamet Participation PIF! :jump:

Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Yaqi katana
Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Second shave on this half blade, as I did not like the first shave on the super stainless for lack of sharpness. Was a fairly good shave, very smooth, but somehow the shark bit me and I managed have a little weeper on the right side of my chin. The sharks have lived up to their reputation. Being in a panicked state of horror from my encounter with shark, I splashed on some B&M terror aftershave to feel some cooling relief and finish off shark week.

July 17

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (5)
Soap: Arko
Razor: Razorock German Slant
Brush: Omega boar (smaller than the '49)

My fifth shave of sharko week. Since I routinely don't shave on Fridays, for the Saturday shave I'm a bit more adventurous, going with the Razorock German Slant. I find it has a lot of blade feel, and I need to be careful. End result: no blood, DFS.

2021-07-17 13.00.10.jpg

Shark Week SOTD
SOTD-L-B_2021-07-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: La Toja
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (4)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A really nice shave. :biggrin:
Today's team was wonderful, especially the Seagoing Software Scents to finish off Shark Week. 🦈

Many thanks for Shark Week @BigJ, great fun. It's been great to see the experimenters, the Shark lovers, the Shark haters, and all the other B&B misfits get together and have good time. :lol1:

My only problem now, is do I keep shaving with my one and only Shark blade...
or stop and save it for next year (à la @FarmerTan)? :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

July 18

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (6)
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette British Rocket (flaretip)
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf

My final entry for sharko week. The Shark Super Stainless is going strong. I typically shave with a blade for a couple of months - my beard is not that tough. I find the Yaqi Timberwolf a bit too big of a knot, and a bit stiffer than I'd like. The Gillette Rocket I found at a perpetual garage sale, paying about $1 (a steal, even if I say so myself). No blood, DFS.

2021-07-18 17.13.47.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Thanks for organising the Shark shaving week. I had a mixed experience of Shark Super Chrome. A couple of nicks along the way. I learnt that for me three shaves with the blades are good, the fourth shave is a bridge to far. It has been great reading about other people’s thoughts and experiences. Well worth the journey.

Top Bottom