• Shave Soaps

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • Shave Creams

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I'm Switzerland I use and like both equally

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Dave" is just his radio name. He was born Pablo Prorasso in a small village in Umbria called Titignano, where he learned to paint at the age of 4 with a donkey's tail dipped in the local red wine. Little known fact.

But seriously on two points:

1. I like creams. For traveling, I prefer them. It just took me a while to learn how to use them. It's a work in progress, but some days I prefer them even at home. They're a bit easier. I think my preference for soaps is mostly that I know them better. Familiarity makes comfort.

2. You should see in person the photos Dave did and gave me for Christmas. Professional Madison Avenue quality still life shots of top shelf shaving products in black and white. Really nice. I'm pleased to display them and grateful to Dave for his generosity.
Don't worry, it was all in jest. I know Dave takes some awesome photos and is really one hell of a nice guy. :thumbup:

"Dave" is just his radio name. He was born Pablo Prorasso in a small village in Umbria called Titignano, where he learned to paint at the age of 4 with a donkey's tail dipped in the local red wine. Little known fact.

1. I like creams. For traveling, I prefer them. It just took me a while to learn how to use them. It's a work in progress, but some days I prefer them even at home. They're a bit easier. I think my preference for soaps is mostly that I know them better. Familiarity makes comfort.

2. You should see in person the photos Dave did and gave me for Christmas. Professional Madison Avenue quality still life shots of top shelf shaving products in black and white. Really nice. I'm pleased to display them and grateful to Dave for his generosity.

Don't worry, it was all in jest. I know Dave takes some awesome photos and is really one hell of a nice guy. :thumbup:
Foiled Again! you discovered who I really am, Pablo Prorasso, ROFL

You guys are hilarious

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
So creams are less popular than soap. What does that really mean?
Canned goo is also more popular than soap.......

Sheeple.......just saying.

I see creams is catching up, just few more votes and look out, dead heat time. ...
giphy (2).gif

I voted creams, although the only soap i have tried is Proraso croap. My vote is based on extensive google search of a gazillion similar past topics, where the soap camp, the only truly indisputable advantage that they can present, is that soaps "can be stored forever". But this has more to do with SCAD, rather than with the merits of the products.

* Creams:
- Being sealed, preserves them better during use. This also leads to stronger scent.

- I don't believe that they lather worse. I believe that every product has its sweet point and creams certainly lather differently, having more water. As a matter of fact, i read the opposite. That very hard water can be almost prohibitive for soaps. As someone with very hard water (i have distilled in house), i can't possibly ignore that.
- Are much cheaper. There is what seems an urban legend, that soaps "last forever" and triple milled "last for even longer". This is a myth debunked here:

Shaving soaps and the cost per shave- Data mined from the 3017 thread.

It appears, that 1-2g per shave for soaps is a normal amount, while 2ml per shave is plenty for creams. I actually suspect that creams are more in the 1,6ml per shave territory. Considering that in Europe, one can find most mass production creams for less than 5 euros, not to mention about 1kg of Vitos for like 9 EUR or 1kg of Cella for like 20 EUR there is no competition with soaps.
- Lather much quicker.

The only advantage i see for soaps is against the same brand's creams and the storage for 40 years.
My exact sentiment thank you. .lol

exactly how can a soap do that with ease and convenience. ....

exactly how can a soap do that with ease and convenience. ....

Easily. This puck of soap takes up less room in my Dopp than a tube of cream. I also have a similar sized container that I transfer some of my soft soaps into for use on travel.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm just a random thought,
At what point does a cream become a soap, or a soap become a cream. We've heard the terms croap, and soft soaps, who decides if it is a soap, croap, soft soap, firm cream, or just a cream. What is the deciding factor?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Easily. This puck of soap takes up less room in my Dopp than a tube of cream. I also have a similar sized container that I transfer some of my soft soaps into for use on travel.

proxy.php

If only cream was soft enough to transfer to a travel size tub......if only.:)

True enough. That wasn't the point I was making. Alex was saying that soaps couldn't be used as easily for travel. I was just showing that they could. You saying that you could put Cream in the same container I'm using for soap, just proved my point even more. :)

I took this puck of Godreg with me to Guam, and used it every day for three weeks...... barely made a dent. If you filled the same container with cream and used it the same amount of time, could you say the same thing?

LOL. And as one who prefers soaps but travels on short trips a lot, I'll tell you the airline-compliance of creams in a small container is important to me. Some TSA agents will stare all day at a 4 oz. container of shaving soap wondering what to do. I don't need that.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
True enough. That wasn't the point I was making. Alex was saying that soaps couldn't be used as easily for travel. I was just showing that they could. You saying that you could put Cream in the same container I'm using for soap, just proved my point even more. :)

I took this puck of Godreg with me to Guam, and used it every day for three weeks...... barely made a dent. If you filled the same container with cream and used it the same amount of time, could you say the same thing?

Sure cream will be used up quicker but I don't travel for over a month at a time for it to be of a concern.

I don't buy into the better debate between soaps and creams. Creams, crops and soaps all have a place in my rotation.

This is exacly what we were going for a healthy debate of idea and Chris you bring another variable into the whole thing. I love having more content to discuss on the show.

Thanks to everyone for the participation!. It is Gold

Women don't have to choose between heels and flats.

Just sayin'.

Not for in the closet, but they do for wearing depending on the situation....

Luckily I never have a situation where I need to choose a cream over a soap. :p

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This is exacly what we were going for a healthy debate of idea and Chris you bring another variable into the whole thing. I love having more content to discuss on the show.

Thanks to everyone for the participation!. It is Gold

I enjoy a good debte, as I always take something away from it.
Wet shaving is the winner on the day.

Now what to use for today's shave......Tabac or not Tabac that is the question......

In the end this was more like the debate of Chocolate or Vanilla, Ketchup or Mustard, Etc, because in the end it is all what you like but it does appear at least at this point with one week left that Soap are the definitive choice here are on B&B, LOL. I think we will do more of this type of stuff on the show Thanks again guys

Top Bottom