What's new

B&B Radio 05.15.2017 Episode #31

Great show as usual Dave! Good interview @imatabor aka John!
I like the vendor commercials!
Looking forward to the SOTD picture episode. Thanks for using my idea!

Great show as usual Dave! Good interview @imatabor aka John!
I like the vendor commercials!
Looking forward to the SOTD picture episode. Thanks for using my idea!
Absolutely, thank for submitting and we will have a great guest for this as well, plus go over Cell phone shots as well

I listened to this interview with John again yesterday while I was making a batch of bath soap. First uninterrupted listen to it that I was able to do. I must say that hearing the brief recent history of wet shaving according to John and Dave just in the past 4 years was eye opening for me. I guess it was the first time I really thought about how much the market surrounding wet shaving has changed in the past 4 years. I first found B&B in October of 2014 I think, and now that I think about a it, Maggards was doing some straight razor refurbishment, and was just starting to carry some other things. Shortly thereafter they had a line of DE razors and had the most inclusive line of soaps as any retailer in the business. Bullgoose, Italian Barber and a host of quality retailers now have very broad offerings of razors, blades and soaps. One good artisan soap company went defunct, and about 20 new ones has taken its place. I know a very small minority of people actually shave with traditional wet shaving methodologies, but if it continues at this pace, Schick and Gillette might have to get back into the game.

At any rate, thanks to both John and Dave for taking the time to put this together. I did enjoy it very much.

I listened to this interview with John again yesterday while I was making a batch of bath soap. First uninterrupted listen to it that I was able to do. I must say that hearing the brief recent history of wet shaving according to John and Dave just in the past 4 years was eye opening for me. I guess it was the first time I really thought about how much the market surrounding wet shaving has changed in the past 4 years. I first found B&B in October of 2014 I think, and now that I think about a it, Maggards was doing some straight razor refurbishment, and was just starting to carry some other things. Shortly thereafter they had a line of DE razors and had the most inclusive line of soaps as any retailer in the business. Bullgoose, Italian Barber and a host of quality retailers now have very broad offerings of razors, blades and soaps. One good artisan soap company went defunct, and about 20 new ones has taken its place. I know a very small minority of people actually shave with traditional wet shaving methodologies, but if it continues at this pace, Schick and Gillette might have to get back into the game.

At any rate, thanks to both John and Dave for taking the time to put this together. I did enjoy it very much.
Thanks Walt, appreciate the comments and feedback

Dave made this so easy.

I think we jumped into this at a great time.

Top Bottom