What's new

B&B Poll Question & Mail Call for 9/4/2017 episode

Do You use Alum in your shaving and deodorant routine? and explain in comments section

• Yes use it for both

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Only use it for shaving

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Only use for Deodorant

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • sometimes I use it, but not consistently

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Nope no use for that hippie rock

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello B&B!
We are ready to take more of you letters and please make sure to give us your vote and comments on our poll questions and listen to your letters and comments on the 9/4/2017 Episode of B&B Radio

ALUM.....

Thanks for Contributing to your show.

Using witch hazel almost eliminated any neck soreness post shave, adding alum totally got rid of it. They are both permanate parts of my routine now.

I voted sometimes. And by that I sometimes use it after shaving, but not much...... and I sometimes use it as a deodorant, but not much.

But I did, in fact, use it last night in my armpits after shaving them, so does that count for both?

I started using an alum block with my 1st shave "wet shave". I found that the feed back sting was very helpful and also I like the way it makes my face feel when I use it as part of my post shave routine.
Now that I'm learning to use a straight razor I'm finding the feed back to be useful again.

For many years I only used it on a weeper and nothing else. For the last month or so I've been using it all over my face, and also as a deodorant. Today I skipped using it on my face and only as a deodorant. I'm testing to see if it was causing some irritation on my neck.

When my razor needs a deep cleaning or repair, I put it up on....wait for it.......alum blocks
proxy.php

I have always kept a styptic pencil around. It's useful for nicks, cuts, and weepers. Also, canker sores (try it). I had never heard of alum blocks until I tripped down this rabbit hole. I finally ordered one and now I use it after every shave as a feed back tool. I enjoy the way it tightens my skin prior to aftershave and lotion application.

I usually do a swift swipe to the pits, too. I don't like to put on deodorant directly after a shower. Applying alum serves the dual purposes of maintaining dry pits AND a back up in case I forget to put on deodorant later that night.

:)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not for this old hippie! But I have used it on canker sores. It does seem to aid in the healing process.

Tried it for shaving and I didn't like how it felt on my skin. Used it for deodorant for about two weeks. It seemed to do a good job at the anti-smelly stuff but I developed a heat rash. I discontinued use immediately.

I have been using alum post shave for most of this year. I think it is helpful in reducing excessively oily face AND helps to reduce neck irritation. I also use a witch hazel mixture with added alcohol, menthol AND a bit of alum added. I enjoy the routine.

I had a hippie rock (deodorant) that my mom gave me. I didn't use it much because it felt weird and didn't do much to keep me dry. I like not sweating as much as I like not stinking. I recently dropped my 20yr old hippie rock and it shattered into a number of sharp shards, now I use the pieces for added grip as needed.

Top Bottom