What's new

B&B Pen Pals

Greetings,
I’m sure there are a few here who may still keep a pen pal, though it’s nearly an extinct practice these days. I know B&B had a letter exchange at one time, and maybe another form of pen-pal-ing that preceded the letter exchange. I have never had a pen pal or anything the like, just played matchbox cars with the neighbor kids most my childhood.
I was thinking about starting up a pen pal thread here. It would be for hand written snail mail exchange. People could exchange addresses via direct message, at their own discretion. Otherwise, something like a traveling journal could be fun idea. A journal could be passed around from member to member, you read it and add whatever you like - a few pages of sage wisdom, a poem, your thoughts, or even just a tasteful doodle. Then it just keeps rotating. Is this something any of you would be interested in, or is it more trouble than it’s worth (in terms of shipping/postage). Warm Regards.

I would definitely be interested in the "traveling journal" idea, if it were to gain traction.
Also, @TreadwayJohnA , would you consider joining the yearly Xmas card exchange? It's another way to exchange mail by old-fashioned post with members here.

I would definitely be interested in the "traveling journal"

I’m interested in both, letters and journal!

I think the traveling journal idea is a good one.

Spread the word, if you would. I have recently stocked up on A-5 journals, so we’re good there. But, I’d like to see a few more people interested before we kick off.
For those looking to improve your penmanship, take it from me that there is no better way than to simply practice. And this will surely be a fun way to practice as well as get to see the handwriting of others.

"traveling journal"

I’m interested in both!

traveling journal idea is a good one.

Hey guys, I'm going to start a new thread for the traveling journal. This is both to attempt to peak a bit more interest as well as to give everyone somewhere central to check-in on the status of the journal. I will title it... The Traveling Journal (soo original).
I will probably get it started in the next few days and start making my entry. Since it is the traveling journal, I will also include a picture of myself with the journal at a local landmark (this is not a requirement, by any means but certainly would be fun). I will post the picture in the new thread once I am ready to send it on its way. Feel free to subscribe to the new thread and make recommendations if you wish. Warm Regards.

Top Bottom