What's new

B&B, Movember & YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I started at work has raised $475, and I think it's fair to consider that part of B&B's haul because I wouldn't have started the team if I hadn't read about it here. What do the gentlemen of the board think?

That is awesome - great job!

Had a small surge in donations today after being stagnant for a while. The close-up of my moustache on FB had a lot to do with it. Hahahaha!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The team I started at work has raised $475, and I think it's fair to consider that part of B&B's haul because I wouldn't have started the team if I hadn't read about it here. What do the gentlemen of the board think?

The money all ends up the same place. Way to go raising $475.00.

I went to the owner of my favorite local haunt, the Cloverleaf Tavern, and asked him for a donation. He actually refused, saying that far too many people come to him looking for money. Then, he asked me if I had considered having a fundraiser. He offered me a large private party room for an off night, and promised 20% of all gross receipts from the room would be donated to my Movember page. Well, I gave it a shot, though I had never done anything quite like this before. The event was tonight, Tuesday the 29th. I had about 40 people show up, took in $195.00 in donations tonight alone, and I will get a call from the restaurant owner tomorrow with the tally of his donation. I am very happy with the outcome, and it was a great evening!! I'm sorry I didn't post it in this thread earlier, so that some of my Jersey brethren might have learned of it here!!

Last edited:
Update: SWMBO informed me that I look like Captain Kangaroo this morning...

This reminded me of and old SNL skit from the mid 1980's ('84 I think) called "Jackie Rogers jr. $100,000 Jackpot Wad".
It starred Martin Short and featured Jim Belushi as Captain Kangaroo.
Watch the video here
There are lots of great lines in it, but I just love how Captain Kangaroo is on the edge.

Anyway, this comment and the fact that you look like Captiain Kangaroo got you a donation.

Well done everyone. T'was a good great Movember!

Just wanted to give a shout out to the team. Great job everyone!!!:w00t:

Now I just have to take some mo pics before I shave to enter the B&B Movember Pic contest.

Next year we should get some shirts printed up for Movember B&B team.
We can have a PIF contest for the T shirt Design.

Great job everyone. I decided to do it solo for my first year, raised $280 so far, trying to make the push over $300.

If any San Diego Mos are headed to the Gala on Thursday, let me know, would like to meet some folks in person.

Can't wait until Friday, this thing's got a life of its own.

$CoQPP.gif

http://mobro.co/zagood

Last edited:
Here's the last day of my mo. They call me Panama John around here lately.

Attachments

• $finalmo.jpg
    $finalmo.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 81
The last day of the Mo....deciding when exactly I'm gonna shave it off.....
$IMG_0121.JPG

You'll notice the eneven grey on the left of my face. That's gotten several remarks..hahaha.
Oh, and the nice red mark is from not respecting the feather while trying to use a Futur to navigate the soul patch. Bad idea.

Last edited:
You are not going to enter that ugly thing in my contest John? You would win hands down. :001_tt2:

I ended up in multiple Mo groups. We had a 'Stache Off today with a local group. My mo won the "Damn, I Look Good Award" for best overall mo of 2011. I was a little surprised but happy.

well heres what i have i raised 155 bucks im happy with that now i do not know if i wanna keep the stash and let her keep growing or shave t back to my normal style this is my first stach so its a special one $me stach.jpg

this makes me look alot more nice then my normal style, i have what you can call " jerk face" i just look like an a'hole. lol

I am up to $1,031.00 and still counting. I got two invites to the Mo'party at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan for Friday night, and I think we're expected to show still mostachio'd for the bash.

I am up to $1,031.00 and still counting. I got two invites to the Mo'party at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan for Friday night, and I think we're expected to show still mostachio'd for the bash.

Dang, was gonna fly up there and join that party but things just didn't work out. And there's not one here in Dallas. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom