What's new

B&B Mamma Bear Cologne!!

I second the opinion on the "lasting ability" of colognes.

My favorite ones are the ones that last. I am willing to pay more if i get better longevity out of the scent.

Also, all these responses and good-will for Mama Bear has convinced me to order some soaps this week. Geeze....its only Monday! SCAD alert!

Hey there Mama Bear, I just looked through your site and oh my god there are so many things I want to buy. I'm really going to have to save up some money and just have a shopping spree on your site.

JohnnyWolf said:
Hey there Mama Bear, I just looked through your site and oh my god there are so many things I want to buy. I'm really going to have to save up some money and just have a shopping spree on your site.

You should, I am sure you will be pleased :)

I agree with many other posts so far in longevity. Me finding a scent and one that will last on me for over 4 hours is rare. I like the citrusy type smells which I have heard don't last very long anyway. For example Aqua Di Gio, Truefit and Hill 1805, and Blenheim Bouquet are some of my favorites.

Aqua di Gio is one of my all time favorites. I wear the men's cologne myself because I like it so much!! How 'bout that! :blushing:

There is one thing that I want to explain about lastability... that IS a word, I know it! The natural fragrances (essential oil based) will never last as long as a synthetic. Most perfumes now are made with all or mostly synthetics as it keeps the cost down. Interestingly enough, I haven't seen the selling prices on any of them go down tho..... hmmm...

Synthetic perfumes/colognes can have some pretty intense complexity also... the natural fragrances are one scent wonders.. literally wonders in my book as they are a gift to us from the earth. But they don't have the range or the staying power of a synthetic fragrance. Why? I don't know.. but as I learn I will let you know. I am sure there are folks here that understand this and wonder if I/we can get some input on this...

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the first batch feedback. I natural and 2 synthetics... I don't expect them to be real good.... yet. When I know that I will wear them myself, I will offer them for sale. I hope it's soon, I am awefully excited about this project...

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

The colognes are made and up for sale. They can be found at www.bear-haven.com/page2.html. These contian perfumers alcohol, distilled water, polysorbate 20 and fragrance or essential oils and come in a 4 oz cobalt blue glass bottle with a spray head.

I will wait for feedback on these items before adding more, but if they are liked by you guys, I will offer any fragrance I possibly can. The staying power is pretty good on these, I know this was one of the issues that everyone brought up, one spray should do it. Therefore these bottles should last a long, long time.

Thank you all for your help. You have all been very good to me and I appreciate this more than I have words for.

Sue (Mama Bear) who is on pins and needles..... :biggrin:

NICE! I am looking forward to placing an order soon.
proxy.php

Sue,
I will be placing an order shortly as I have come to the conclusion that I am missing out on some great stuff.

Do you have any cologne/soap that is similar to Floris 89?

Thanks.

Patrick

I am sorry, I have never tried any of the Floris products...

Hugs!

Sue

ponyplayer said:
Sue,
I will be placing an order shortly as I have come to the conclusion that I am missing out on some great stuff.

Do you have any cologne/soap that is similar to Floris 89?

Thanks.

Patrick

I would just like to add - I just received 3 mamma bear cologne scents in the mail today - Somali Rose, Dragons Blood & Dragons Tears, all three of which are first rate!

I cannot comment on longevity, dry down, etc etc as I just received them, but expect a full review within the next few days.

This is a very fair question. The problem is I am not sure what people would expect of a sample kit. How large of a sample of each would you want and how would you like it packaged... ie: 1 oz samples with spray heads or tiny vials good for 1 application only... or ???

Should I offer all of the samples or a choice of 5....?

I have to apologize to you all about this, it is on my mind, but I have no solution at this time, but maybe with input we could work together and come up with a good way of doing this.. I haven't been able to come up with anything that has seemed logical to me yet.

Thanks!

Sue (Mama Bear)

Just like to post and offer some of my personal experiences.

I have had the opportunity to sample/use both the Dragons Blood, and Dragons Tears so far, and I can attest to their level of quality. Both smell outstanding, have a healthy serving of EO, have superb staying power, quite impressive scent, and provide one HELL of a value. If you haven't tried her colognes - I highly recommend you do so.

So far another :thumbup: for the Mama Bear Den!

Mama Bear said:
This is a very fair question. The problem is I am not sure what people would expect of a sample kit. How large of a sample of each would you want and how would you like it packaged... ie: 1 oz samples with spray heads or tiny vials good for 1 application only... or ???

Should I offer all of the samples or a choice of 5....?

I have to apologize to you all about this, it is on my mind, but I have no solution at this time, but maybe with input we could work together and come up with a good way of doing this.. I haven't been able to come up with anything that has seemed logical to me yet.

Thanks!

Sue (Mama Bear)

I think the small vials most manufacturers use or the 1oz samplers with the spray heads would be fine. They each would have enough cologne for several applications allowing the user to form an opinion. I personally would like the sampler to include all the available scents. I feel it would help alot of the guys find their favorites among the offerings.

Something like this maybe.

proxy.php

Wow, that is Awesome....! I will send this to some of my suppliers and see if they can come up with something like this!

Thank you!!!!

Sue

Top Bottom