What's new

B&B Mamma Bear Cologne!!

TraderJoe said:
I'm not sure what cypress smells like, but I do like frankincense and bergamot. Lime might work well, but I wonder how something like cedarwood would turn out.

I absolutely love cedarwood! I have this on my list to work with. I am waiting on some Neroli oil to try with the cedarwood, so I am going to hold off saying anything yet...! Maybe some rose also!! :001_smile

Mama Bear said:
I absolutely love cedarwood! I have this on my list to work with. I am waiting on some Neroli oil to try with the cedarwood, so I am going to hold off saying anything yet...! Maybe some rose also!! :001_smile

Make sure Sue that when your done with all cologne's you run it by

" THE NOSE " :wink1:

I was watching on the Travel Channel yesterday a documentary about making colognes /parfums. that was one exciting episode now it makes sense why the $$$ are high for some parfums not all. the process the flowers undergo to get the EO out.

All products had to be given the thumbs up or down by this guy who was walking around there yes he had quite a big NOSE but they actually call him "The NOSE" He is able to distinguish 2000 different scents ! and offcourse the main point the right balance between them so you probably are going to run your productions by the B&B Nose ? also known as Rik ?

Just curious after that nice documentary.

I wouldnt know what is in the QED B&B Cologne besides its a citrus type of cologne probably a bit of lime in there
and that is doesnt dry down to a sweet cocktail it stays masculine all the way a very potent cologne but this guy the NOSE he would be able to reproduce it by just smelling amazing..

Mama Bear said:
I am working on one tonight with a base note of Frankincense, a Cypress middle and a citrus top, probably Bergamot, maybe with a touch of orange... I have no idea what to call it tho!

Irena suggested adding some lime to this also... what do you think??

Bear Hugs,

Sue (Mama Bear)
You could call it AMAZING! I have a frankincense and orange toner that I absolutely love.

Sue, lavender colognes are rather rare... my personal favorite scent... I love lavender shaving creams, soaps, the color... maybe there is not much of a market for it but lavender delights my senses; I can't get enough of it.

-Brandon

HeadandFaceShaver said:
Sue, lavender colognes are rather rare... my personal favorite scent... I love lavender shaving creams, soaps, the color... maybe there is not much of a market for it but lavender delights my senses; I can't get enough of it.

-Brandon

I'll second this. Maybe a lavender with a touch of peppermint?

I feel the same way about lavender...! I was heading in a more "masculine" direction to start off with, but I would be more than happy to do a couple of lavender types! One thing that you should be aware of is that lavender is typically an end of the day scent.. it is relaxing and calming and great before bedtime. It is actually proported to give you a better nights sleep. But it could also be mixed with other essential oils that are more lifting..

I have a very simple lavender/vanilla blend that is to die for all by itself. I think I will save this for an end of the day fragrance and work on something for mornings for you all... I love the idea of mixing the florals, but will look into the mints for Joe too!! :tongue_sm I will also try some blends with cedarwood. Maybe a cedarwood, lavender, peppermint?? with some rose??

oooo, I can't wait now!!! :tongue_sm

Mama Bear

Sue,

Thanks so much for undertaking this new product extension as colognes represent one of my new interests which develped from de shaving. If you are still in the experimentation stage, greater longevity is a big plus from my perspective. If this can only be achieved by wandering into the edp percentages, it may be that many on this board would find the higher cost less important than the benefits of a longer lasting scent.

schatz said:
Sue,

Thanks so much for undertaking this new product extension as colognes represent one of my new interests which develped from de shaving. If you are still in the experimentation stage, greater longevity is a big plus from my perspective. If this can only be achieved by wandering into the edp percentages, it may be that many on this board would find the higher cost less important than the benefits of a longer lasting scent.

This is good to know. I think the thing to do tho is to get the 2nd round of samples out next week and get feedback from the testers. The only way I know to extend longetivity is to increase the fragrance. Unfortunately it is almost impossible for me to test these myself. Through the feedback they can be fine tuned..

I do have a group of testers standing by! :001_smile

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

"I have a very simple lavender/vanilla blend that is to die for all by itself. "

I am already having a hard time deciding what soaps to buy for myself, now you go making this!

I guess I have to buy one of everything from you! :w00t:

Rog said:
"I have a very simple lavender/vanilla blend that is to die for all by itself. "

I am already having a hard time deciding what soaps to buy for myself, now you go making this!

I guess I have to buy one of everything from you! :w00t:
Why not? Rik did. (psst, Rik! I think she's making fun of you, dude.)

Kyle said:
Why not? Rik did. (psst, Rik! I think she's making fun of you, dude.)

No Way would I make fun of Rik.. This guy shaves with straigh razor, hunts with a bow and has a freezer full of just about everything..!! :w00t:

Besides, I just named a shave soap and cologne for him... It is Rik's Christmas Blend and it is strongly reminiscent of fresh gingerbread that would be cooking in Grandma's kitchen (not mine, I can't cook) during the Christmas Holidays. It is Wonderful!

Also new is my essential oil blend with Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Orange and Lime.. I am calling this Dragon's Tears. I will be doing colognes in this next week..:001_smile

Mama Bear

Mama Bear said:
No Way would I make fun of Rik.. This guy shaves with straigh razor, hunts with a bow and has a freezer full of just about everything..!! :w00t:

Besides, I just named a shave soap and cologne for him... It is Rik's Christmas Blend and it is strongly reminiscent of fresh gingerbread that would be cooking in Grandma's kitchen (not mine, I can't cook) during the Christmas Holidays. It is Wonderful!

Also new is my essential oil blend with Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Orange and Lime.. I am calling this Dragon's Tears. I will be doing colognes in this next week..:001_smile

Mama Bear
LOL! The shaving soap smell incredible. Like Sue describes, it brings back some wonderful Christmas memories. Her naming of it was a wonderful surprise.

Rik said:
LOL! The shaving soap smell incredible. Like Sue describes, it brings back some wonderful Christmas memories. Her naming of it was a wonderful surprise.

Rik,

It sounds like something you'd put in a pipe! Maybe Sue could branch out into soaps and tobacco!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Rik,

It sounds like something you'd put in a pipe! Maybe Sue could branch out into soaps and tobacco!

Randy

Now I know it for a fact... you guys ARE trying to kill me!! :w00t:

Mama Bear, who is making labels, pouring soap, mixing essential oils and making cologne all at the same time.....:tongue_sm

Austin said:
Sue, take your time and make some time to ride your bike. We are patient. :biggrin:

After tomorrow's shipment, I am going to take your advise!! It has been in the high 90's here (and I am way up North!) and I have been hiding in the AC for a couple days... Time to ride! :tongue_sm Colognes will wait till Tuesday.....

Randy, no tobacco products here... lol :w00t:

Top Bottom