What's new

B&B Mamma Bear Cologne!!

full

So no more than 5 minutes after I took delivery on the above shaving soaps - I was on the phone with Mamma Bear herself - thanking her, and commending her for her absolutly world class fragarances.... these aren't good.... these are literally amazing, every single one I ordered smelled simply out of this world amazing (be careful with the almond though as it packs one hell of a punch).

Bottom line - I haven't even shaved with the soaps so I can't comment on the efficacy (I will be using it and reporting back tomorrow) however the scents were so amazing (the hydrogen is my personal favorite) that we talked a bit, and she is willing to make us some B&B colognes out of her fragarances! (Rik keep your pants on :wink: )

What would you fellas be interested in? She mentioned they would be quite inexpensive (around $5-6) and we could get them in sprays or roll ons.

If you haven't smelled the soaps - they are cheap, get outstanding reviews efficacy wise, and smell amazing - I recommend you order some up post haste!

I'd be REALLY interested in the Rosemary Mint, Hydrogen, and elements of bamboo and Somali Rose - hell lets throw in Tahitian Vanilla as well.

How many of you fellas would be interested in buying some of these colognes, and are there any other scents you'd like to see made?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes--sounds great. I've been drooling over her scents on the web page, but being a cream sort of guy have not had much interest in purchasing soaps up to now.

The colognes sound like a great way to get my nose on the scents! I'm in. And at $5/6 a pop, I'm in for several.

Agreed. I'd love to see some Bergamot, and her description of Indian Sandalwood sounds extremely interesting.

Very cool!!!

Clearly I need to order the rest of the fragrances. :w00t:

It would also be cool if we could get these fragrances in bath soaps. Talk about incredible layering! I'll have to give Sue a call. :biggrin:

Rik said:
Very cool!!!

Clearly I need to order the rest of the fragrances. :w00t:

It would also be cool if we could get these fragrances in bath soaps. Talk about incredible layering! I'll have to give Sue a call. :biggrin:

Rik - you ARE the decant man.... you should be the one doing this! :tongue:

Seriously though - bath soaps would get my interest as well. What would REALLY be neat is if she could do an antibacterial hand soap with her scents... maybe we could find her a source for unscented anti-bacterial soaps then have her add her scents?

joel said:
Rik - you ARE the decant man.... you should be the one doing this! :tongue:

Seriously though - bath soaps would get my interest as well. What would REALLY be neat is if she could do an antibacterial hand soap with her scents... maybe we could find her a source for unscented anti-bacterial soaps then have her add her scents?
I like it! I actually will be touching base with her this week. :smile:

I'd really like some of her cologne. And at $6? I couldn't go wrong for that price. I have the dragons blood and although I really like the scent I think I might be allergic or oversensative to some ingredient in it because it tingles and makes my shaves come out in a rash. But the scent it reall nice and I'd love to try some of her things.

Sue is currently researching different options to produce a product that meets her established product standards.

I'll keep you all up to date.

I have been working on aftershaves and colognes to go with my shaving soap scents, but I was bound and determined to make an aftershave without alcohol, allowing men to skip the moisturizing stage but still tightening the skin, closing the pores and soothing any razor burn (Maybe with Menthol......?) and a matching cologne (with alcohol) to follow up with. I believe I have just about done that, but it turns out that most men prefer alcohol based after shaves... or so it seems to me.

I would love more information on what you all want out of an aftershave, other than the fragrance of course which is not that strong and more fleeting. Does the alcohol do something for you. It does work as a good preservative when making natural products, but it just sounds like something I would not want on my face.... but I'm a girl...lol

Who likes alcohol and who doesn't and why? I am intrigued by Joel's point about the ingrown hairs.. who would have known!?

Bear Hugs to all..

Mama Bear

Mama Bear said:
I have been working on aftershaves and colognes to go

Who likes alcohol and who doesn't and why? I am intrigued by Joel's point about the ingrown hairs.. who would have known!?

Bear Hugs to all..

Mama Bear

What did Joel say about ingrown hair , did I miss something somewhere?

if Mama Bear can make a cologne that would attract the hearts and minds of the young ladies to this short fat balded headed old body of mine...I'm in....:001_rolle

If it doesn't do that, but gets compliments from evryone....i'm in too.

mark the shoeshine boy

SSLStudio said:
What did Joel say about ingrown hair , did I miss something somewhere?

Joel said that alcohol based aftershaves may help with ingrown hair.

I didn't have ingrown hairs, but I started using Aqua Velva based on his recommendation and that stuff is like miracle juice. I have sensitive skin, and the A.V. really tones and softens it. Good stuff. I like the scent as well, to boot.

Mama Bear said:
I have been working on aftershaves and colognes to go with my shaving soap scents, but I was bound and determined to make an aftershave without alcohol, allowing men to skip the moisturizing stage but still tightening the skin, closing the pores and soothing any razor burn (Maybe with Menthol......?) and a matching cologne (with alcohol) to follow up with. I believe I have just about done that, but it turns out that most men prefer alcohol based after shaves... or so it seems to me.

I would love more information on what you all want out of an aftershave, other than the fragrance of course which is not that strong and more fleeting. Does the alcohol do something for you. It does work as a good preservative when making natural products, but it just sounds like something I would not want on my face.... but I'm a girl...lol

Bear Hugs to all..

Mama Bear

For me, I have discovered that alcohol-based Aftershaves do in fact work very well. It seems that if an A.S. has the alcohol, in addition to some menthol, maybe some witch-hazel, and some aloe vera, it will work well. The new Musgo formulation comes to mind, but Aqua Velva is great too. The secret ingredient, however, is glycerin.

Top Bottom