What's new

B&B Live Chat Server?

Hey folks. I was wondering if there were any live chat servers (teamspeak, discord, etc) for Blade and Badger.
I sometimes find myself with several questions or topics of discussion that I conveniently forget once I do have time to sit down and make a thread about it.

I was wondering this too...I suppose one of us could start one up, but I'm not sure I wanna personally manage this forums Discord server 😅

I don't think B&B ever had a live chat but it did have podcasts at one time. It might be an idea for a Discord or Telegram group.

I'm not sure how Telegram is, but recently Discord added a "thread" feature that lets you basically create your own channels within a channel, I could see that being useful if you have people from a forum like this jumping over to have real time discussions

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think B&B ever had a live chat but it did have podcasts at one time. It might be an idea for a Discord or Telegram group.
B&B used to have a live chat feature back in 2009 or 2010. It was a nightmare.
Contentious arguments were the norm, and the chat members carried the arguments back into the threads.
It was a hotbed of discontent and rudeness which spilled over to the site and made for some very ugly confrontations.

B&B used to have a live chat feature back in 2009 or 2010. It was a nightmare.
Contentious arguments were the norm, and the chat members carried the arguments back into the threads.
It was a hotbed of discontent and rudeness which spilled over to the site and made for some very ugly confrontations.

So that was before my time then. I can see how that would be an issue. It's like a group on a popular site where there are a lot of people that seem to be there just to argue and annoy. It's amazing that people can get so worked about grooming supplies.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
When we had it before it was open a few hours in the evening.
It took 2 Mods to swap on and off in those few hours.
If Mods were full time employees, you could probably do it with 6-8 full time Mods on 8 hour shifts, accounting for sick days, vacations, meals and such, but we are all volunteers and have to fit life in between logins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom