• Humpback style blade

• Cigar shape blade style

• purple heart scales

• yellow heart scales

• African Amazique scales

• Waterfall bubinga scales

• No engraving on tang

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. Hope that you get better in time for the holidays.

Take Care,
Richard

Wow Bill,
Simply fantastic looking, classy razor that looks like a joy to use as well as look at (but judging performance by looks is dangerous in cars, guns, dogs, knives, razors, cigars, women, hell all of my hobbies. But it's an Ellis, so I think it's a safe bet.)

Here's hoping you get feeling better, Bill. Hope it isn't anything too serious, but regardless, take care of yourself first...we can wait.

I haven't forgotten you guys. I'm just swamped with a lot of stuff, including things that have nothing to do with razors. If it's any consolation, I have not been accepting any new orders for customs or restorations and I won't until I finish with the things that are already on my work schedule.

I thought I would have already been able to get started on these, but I can't get to them just yet. Sorry...

proxy.php

From someone who has 2 Bill Ellis razors - the wait will be soooo worth it! His work is just gorgeous and you will be bowled over when you actually hold one in your hand!

This just gives us more time to get more excited about it! I am looking forward to the Bill Ellis Hat Trick!

If I may make a suggestion...not so much for this project necessarily but just to add to Bill's options in wood for anything else he does in the future:

I met my wife in Oregon and it was there I learned of a fairly unique wood: Myrtlewood. There's a lot of fact along with legend about this wood.
Evidently, myrtle only grows in Jerusalem and Northern California/Southern Oregon. No one is quite certain how it got here (the West Coast). Here's a short description about its history: http://www.realoregongift.com/Myrtle_Tree_Story/myrtle_tree_story.html
Here's another link with more visual examples of this wood: http://myrtlewoodgallery.com/
proxy.php

Anyway, just wanted to pass that wood along after reading this thread and looking at all the other beautiful woods Bill has worked with. I'm not sure if he enjoys working with hard woods, but this is a rather unique and very gorgeous wood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom