What's new

B&B LE 2009 Proto First Lather & Grip Pics...

As promised, below are pics of the different grips you can use with the brush, as well as pictures of it's initial lather.

The one liner is - this sucker is an absolute rock star. I'll submit - it is the "king" of all soap brushes - it sure went to town on my puck of floris in no time flat.

Grips (note: I have very large hands) ....

The "Pencil" - rest the edge of the bottom ring against the second joint of your thumb, pointer and middle fingers, whilst resting the pads on the body of the brush in whatever position is most comfortable to you....
full

Forward "loose" pencil - same as above but further up the neck....
full

The "Frisbee" - Hold it almost as you would grip a frisbee - stretch your thumb along the curve and wrap your middle finger around the waist whilst using your forefinger for support. Supper comfy....
full

The "Microphone" - Three fingers down the body, with the thumb for support. Killer for face lathering and use with shave sticks....
full

The "Boss" - Use the base of the handle as a support - and grab the top of the brush to "bear down" on it. This is my favorite grip - and really does wonders with a super hard, triple milled soap. You can load you brush up in this manner in 3-4 seconds (see when used below in the first lathering example) - this is actually very comfortable...
full

Lathering w/Floris soap....

full

full

The "Boss" Grip....
full

Just a few seconds of twisting on the soap (you can tell by there being very little lather on the cake of soap, and there being almost no lather/foam on the rim of the wooden bowl)....
full

full

Now that she's loaded - time to use the "boss" grip to work the lather in my beard growth....
full

After three passes....
full

Closer...
full

From the top...
full

I dunno about you fellas, but I saw her face - now i'm a believer...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say Im having a change of heart. Im really liking it, Im liking it in black very much as well. What are the specs?

Woah! People who don't get this brush are seriously gonna regret it! Perhaps even more than the LE 08

V

VR6ofpain

This is ridiculous, now the brush actually looks great in ebony!?!? The photo below should have been posted from the beginning. I think the references to another item would never have been made.
full

I can only imagine this baby looking better with the dark orange butterscotch and Kent logo printed on it. You played your cards well Joel. I take back my original statements. This is a great looking brush. I'll keep my eyes open for the ordering thread. I may have just been sucked in on this one.

This is ridiculous, now the brush actually looks great in ebony!?!? The photo below should have been posted from the beginning. I think the references to another item would never have been made.
full

I can only imagine this baby looking better with the dark orange butterscotch and Kent logo printed on it. You played your cards well Joel. I take back my original statements. This is a great looking brush. I'll keep my eyes open for the ordering thread. I may have just been sucked in on this one.

Glad you like it. :smile:

The Kent logo, believe it or not will make a HUGE difference as well and will add that perfect "regal" touch of flair. I think this one is going to be really, really tough to beat.

Oh man that is awesome. I can't wait to see it with the logos on it. Will it have the badger face or just a text B&B logo?

Last edited:
Any word on pricing? I know I sure would like one in either color. Nice job on the photoshopping the Kent emblem.

Glad you like it. :smile:

The Kent logo, believe it or not will make a HUGE difference as well and will add that perfect "regal" touch of flair. I think this one is going to be really, really tough to beat.

Is there any chance of getting them to put their old 'shield style' logo on it?

Top Bottom