What size knot do you want?

• 22mm

• 23mm

• 24mm

• 25mm

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

doleeo

I think it'd be nice if the LE was a little bigger this year. Last years was awesome albeit, just a little bit too small. 23 or 24mm would be terrific.

Right on !! Big knot small loft !!!

I'm confused and too lazy to search and figure it out, so I did not vote. If this what we would want if we were buying, but are not sure whether we would buy or not? Or just if we are sure we would buy?

If the former, I am with Ambrose. Toward the larger knot size, but with a shorter loft. Brushes generally seem too floppy to me.

Also, are these knots "overstuffed" ala Golden Nib? Towards smaller knot but truly "overstuffed," might be dandy! I'm trying to apply a lot of badger hair to the task of creating lather, not trying to lather my entire face in one stroke of the brush!

I'm sure this is just the first step of many rounds of input Joel and the senior members of B&B will have.

While I voted for the 23mm, I'm actually much more interested to see if there will be a brush loft vote.

If you compare a chubby 1 (23mm knot) to a rooney 3/1 (22 mm knot), they are very different beasts, and it all comes down to the loft, IMO.

I really liked 2008 LE's super short loft; it's a soap monster.

The other aspect I'm wondering is whether the philosophy behind this year's LE is to create something totally different from 2008's short loft KENT so that there is a different lathering experience, or if it's to keep it similar short loft style but have a different handle style, size, color, etc.

--Dennis

Last edited:
I am all about the big knot w/ medium to short loft
I really have a difficult time accepting brushes that are any less than 24mm. They just don't feel right

For me, the smaller knots give me better control when I'm face lathering, so I would prefer the 22mm. Of course, it will be hard to resist a B&B LE in any size.

22 is the new 24. :wink:

I also vote short loft. I thought most of the complaints about the 2008 centered around its small knot and handle shape. 22 should solve the former; will be curious to see what they come up with for the latter.

I used last year's B&BLE this morning-- a pure joy to shave with--dense, works up a lather that never quits. I would go for a wider one with more loft, but the LE is always such a terrific bargain in addition to being a fabulous brush that I'll go with whatever we have.

Has there been any more info on the brush other than voting for knot size. I may have missed other threads.

Thanks

I think a large knot with a short loft would be ideal. The short loft would make the knot seem smaller on the skin due to it not blooming or splaying so large. It would also appear much more dense, retain more warmth and have that great muscle feel. Im thinking along the lines of a small chubby type of effect, dont tell me you guys dont like chubbys :tongue_sm

I vote for 22.. I have been wondering when talk of a 2009 LE since I did not get to get in on the 08 LE brush!

Cheers,

Man, I've been having dreams about the next B&B brush! I can't freaking wait!!!

22 is the new 24. :wink:

Hear hear! With the new face-lathering craze that's sweeping the nation, I think a smaller brush with a short loft would be a better fit.

However, I would be willing to compromise...

(22+23+24+25)/4

How about a 23.5 mm knot? :biggrin:

Top Bottom