What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

B&B Landing Page Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we could NOT have featured articles about guns on our B&B website's landing / home page? I know we have forums for members to discuss topics outside the world of shaving, but for our home page it would be great if we featured shaving-related articles only and NOT gun topics! Gheeze!

I'd like to see the featured articles go away altogether and return it to the list of forums as it used to be, but keeping the prominent link for new posts. The featured articles area is a page-wasting nuisance.

Any chance we could NOT have featured articles about guns on our B&B website's landing / home page? I know we have forums for members to discuss topics outside the world of shaving, but for our home page it would be great if we featured shaving-related articles only and NOT gun topics! Gheeze!

There are roughly 13 Forums NOT related to shaving here.
Do you have a distain for all of these or just for guns?

I'd like to see the featured articles go away altogether and return it to the list of forums as it used to be, but keeping the prominent link for new posts. The featured articles area is a page-wasting nuisance.

This seems to be reasonable but what if a new post is about guns? Hmmmm.

I don't think much of the page either but I rarely frequent it.
I Like the idea of the list of forums and recent posts.

There are roughly 13 Forums NOT related to shaving here.
Do you have a distain for all of these or just for guns?

This seems to be reasonable but what if a new post is about guns? Hmmmm.

I don't think much of the page either but I rarely frequent it.
I Like the idea of the list of forums and recent posts.
Our home page featured content should simply be about shaving, as this is what folks see when they fist come here. Yes, among this brotherhood and sisterhood centered on shaving culture, there is room for sub-sections for discussions on anything from astronomy to zoology. My personal disdain for guns is beside the point. But articles about guns, cooking, shoes, and/or travel destinations have no place on our main (public) landing page.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
I'm not sure what you are talking about. But I only visit here on my smarter-than-I-am phone.

Our home page featured content should simply be about shaving, as this is what folks see when they fist come here. Yes, among this brotherhood and sisterhood centered on shaving culture, there is room for sub-sections for discussions on anything from astronomy to zoology. My personal disdain for guns is beside the point. But articles about guns, cooking, shoes, and/or travel destinations have no place on our main (public) landing page.

What about new posts that involve those other things? Should they be blocked?
This is venturing into censorship. I think that if someone is landing on that page they are quickly going to the Forum page to see what's actually going on.
For me the only time I see that page is when I log out.
I think the majority of people who end up here are clicking on an item that was discussed here and is shown online so when they click on that item they go to that discussion - not to the "home" page.

I don't really see the need for it at all personally but if it is going to exist it really should show everything that is available here.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
This is venturing into censorship. I think that if someone is landing on that page they are quickly going to the Forum page to see what's actually going on.
I think the majority of people who end up here are clicking on an item that was discussed here and is shown online so when they click on that item they go to that discussion - not to the "home" page.

I don't really see the need for it at all personally but if it is going to exist it really should show everything that is available here.
Ah.... Since I'm always on here on my phone and I never log out may be why I'm clueless.

Ok, I'm just clueless as my teenage son would tell me...

Not suggesting that we "block" anything. The home page is what people outside of B&B see when they 1st come here. I came here when I was looking for information, advice and fellowship when I was initially exploring the idea of becoming a DE wet shaver. I, like any other novice, was in search of a SHAVING website to learn and grow. If I had been greeted by topics outside the realm of shaving, I would have moved on to another forum community.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
Not suggesting that we "block" anything. The home page is what people outside of B&B see when they 1st come here. I came here when I was looking for information, advice and fellowship when I was initially exploring the idea of becoming a DE wet shaver. I , lime any other novice, was in search of a SHAVING place to learn and grow. If I had been greeted by topics outside the realm of shaving, I would have moved on to another forum community.
I see your point, but as I am completely (almost) computer illiterate, not sure if it's changeable.

The ancillary stuff: cooking, watches, etc. is there for members to engage with each other AFTER joining B&B, and BEYOND, their/our common interest in shaving. It should not be censored, but has no place on our public landing page!

And, yes I do NOT care to see any crap about guns or weapons that kill people on my B&B shaving site! So let's keep that stuff in sub-forums for those who choose to engage in those sorts of non-shaving topics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.