What's new

B&B Hobbyist "SliceOfLife" Orange and Lavender croap review

I clicked on SliceofLife's ad in the Hobbyist BST the other day, and saw this Orange and Lavender shave "croap" offering. I decided to give it a try, received it yesterday, and tried it out this morning.

The fragrance is on the mild side, until you load the brush and start to make the lather; from there it blossoms and the scent is excellent. I swirled my shaverjoe's custom 2-band finest brush for about 20 seconds on the puck, and started whipping it in my scuttle. In short order, I had a huge amount of thick, creamy, and slick lather. My water is a bit on the hard side, and only a few of the soaps I use don't require a small amount of shave cream to "help them along", so to speak. The SliceOfLife croap really burst into a fantastic lather all by itself. It went on smooth, thick, and luxurious. I did my normal 2-pass shave with an ATT Atlas R2 OC that had a 3 day old Polsilver in it, and got a really nice BBS shave with this croap.

Congrats to SliceOfLife for producing such an excellent product. Performance wise, I'd have to rate it right up there with RR Classic and SOZ (the only RR soaps I've tried so far) and La Toja. I like it a bit better than Stirling, which does require the added shave cream to cooperate with my hard water.

At $9 shipped with a tin, it's well worth a try!

Cheers!
:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I received a tin of this yesterday. I have not shaved with it yet, but did make a few test lathers to get a feel for it. First off, the stuff lathers very easily. I got a nice rich lather in no time. It was also very slick between my fingers. The scent was very pleasing. Looking forward to a great shave with this stuff.

I received a tin of this yesterday. I have not shaved with it yet, but did make a few test lathers to get a feel for it. First off, the stuff lathers very easily. I got a nice rich lather in no time. It was also very slick between my fingers. The scent was very pleasing. Looking forward to a great shave with this stuff.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Good stuff!

I can't wait to get mine...hoping it shows up tomorrow! I have soap from his last batch and it performs extremely well..

Top Bottom