What's new

B&B Forum Razor....

PoshRichM said:
Joel, could we have a post of a link to a pic of the style of handle you're looking at? I remember a link back in the day, but can no longer find it.

-Rich

Both of those styles - however I am leaning towards the "bulbous" styled DE's due to cost/ergonomics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

joel said:
Both of those styles - however I am leaning towards the "bulbous" styled DE's due to cost/ergonomics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Joel,

You know...that EJ handle in EBONY along with MATCHING EBONY FORUM BRUSH (PERSIAN JAR 2 HANDLE) would be just the thing. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here...! What was that old song..."Ebony and Chromery"?

Randy

Great pix, thanks!

The ebony with a like-designed B&B forum brush would be seriously sexy... Of course I'm partial to the true horn too.

But then I've always had a soft spot for the Chatsworth! Good grief, my RAD is out of remission! :w00t:

-Rich

PoshRichM said:
Great pix, thanks!

The ebony with a like-designed B&B forum brush would be seriously sexy... Of course I'm partial to the true horn too.

But then I've always had a soft spot for the Chatsworth! Good grief, my RAD is out of remission! :w00t:

-Rich

Rich,
The Edwin Jagger Faux Horn is the nicest I have ever seen.... really superlative. On a side note however, the most tractable, and "forum member friendly" handle would probably be the faux ivory, as it would match everyones faux ivory shaving brush.

rtaylor61 said:
Joel,

You know...that EJ handle in EBONY along with MATCHING EBONY FORUM BRUSH (PERSIAN JAR 2 HANDLE) would be just the thing. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here...! What was that old song..."Ebony and Chromery"?

Randy
:drool: :001_tt1: :drool:

Mark me down as interested in this razor. Faux horn would be my preference, and a matching forum brush would make a distinctive set (faux ivory's a bit plain, IMHO).

What's the potential price range?

acb13013 said:
Mark me down as interested in this razor. Faux horn would be my preference, and a matching forum brush would make a distinctive set (faux ivory's a bit plain, IMHO).

What's the potential price range?

Depends on the model.... probably around $60

Okay, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket poster here but... I know this should be self evident, but what would be the difference between buying an EJ Chatsworth or Georgian like you've shown in these images and the B&B model? I am guessing monogramming as one difference. Don't get me wrong, I am QUITE interested. I have a goodly number of Gillette razors but nary an EJ or Merkur in the bunch. I think I'm right when I ASSume that the EJ razors are outfitted with Merkur heads? If so, the slant dilema would seem to have solved itself. Buy up a slant bar and switch the heads between handles. I guess this would work. Unless the heads of the B&B razor are going to be different colours. I realise this is still in the kick it around stage. I'm just trying to get a handle(no pun intended)on where your imagination is taking you. If I've missed anything obvious in the prior postings, feel free to flog me with a barber's towel. BTW, either of those handles are great with the Chatsworth leading for me.

Regards, Todd

Joel, I'm in for the razor. But I still vote for the faux ivory (even though it is a bit boring) but that's why I suggested ivory handle with a gold head. That dresses it up a little. I may be wrong, but I think only the non-metal smooth handles (ebony or ivory) can be engraved. Otherwise the top razor would be my second choice. :001_smile

Phog Allen said:
Okay, I'm not trying to be a wet blanket poster here but... I know this should be self evident, but what would be the difference between buying an EJ Chatsworth or Georgian like you've shown in these images and the B&B model? I am guessing monogramming as one difference. Don't get me wrong, I am QUITE interested. I have a goodly number of Gillette razors but nary an EJ or Merkur in the bunch. I think I'm right when I ASSume that the EJ razors are outfitted with Merkur heads? If so, the slant dilema would seem to have solved itself. Buy up a slant bar and switch the heads between handles. I guess this would work. Unless the heads of the B&B razor are going to be different colours. I realise this is still in the kick it around stage. I'm just trying to get a handle(no pun intended)on where your imagination is taking you. If I've missed anything obvious in the prior postings, feel free to flog me with a barber's towel. BTW, either of those handles are great with the Chatsworth leading for me.

Regards, Todd

Todd,
A slant bar has a different head, and base of the head - so you could not simply "swtich" the top as it is fused to the Edwin Jagger. Unfortunatly - yes, it simply would be an Edwin Jagger razor, branded as B&B, and at a discounted cost.

Joel,

Put me down for one. My vote would be for an ebony handle but would be proud to own any one of the models shown.

Joel (and whomever else is involved in the upper-eschelons of decision-making on this thing)... Absolutely count me in. I've always wanted something in ebony, and I think it looks especially nice against the chrome head, with white monogramming or lettering (the full words, "BadgerandBlade.com" or something like that)...

And I'm on the topic of the words and/or engraving, I'd go for a masculine, bold font like the newer Truefitt & Hill logo or, in Microsoft language, something similar to (but simpler than) Copperplate Gothic... As for the words themselves, I know "Badger & Blade" is more elegant than the ".com", but it seems to me to be more personalized to include the dot-com or forum reference. Otherwise, "Badger & Blade" could just be another shaving company, like "Truefitt & Hill" or "Art of Shaving."

(Also, while I do love that cute little badger logo on the top of every B&B page, it would make me sad to see it on the razor itself, every day... The idea that some poor badger had to be shorn (killed?) just for my closetfull of brushes...)

I'm a big fan of the lined, chromed Chatsworth design myself.

Joel, I know you're a bulbous/Georgian fan, but IMO a lined, chromed Chatsworth engraved "Badger & Blade" would be about the ultimate razor I can think of. :a39:

And yes, I'd happy pay north of $100 for one. Lifetime investment.

-Rich

I like the bulbous handled models. Additionally, I would be a big fan of something besides chrome & ivory. A gold razor sounds very interesting as does the ebony handle material.

Count me in for anything besides the lined chatsworth.

I see what you're saying about the lined design, Rich... I guess I go back and forth. The lined chrome reminds me of many of the Merkurs that are out there, with the glossy chrome finish. Obviously the lines make it more unique and elegant; gives it some character, but there is some similarity when you're holding a chrome-colored metal razor in one's hand.

Rich, as you say above, there is something "seriously sexy" about the ebony... And also different from the garden variety DE razor.

AH! Good thing I'm not the one making the ultimate decision... In a moment of frenzied, joyous indecision, I'd say make a few versions of it and let forum members buy what they want to buy! (I know most of us would probably buy all of them!!!)

King Kyle: like you, I'd go after something that is different... Not "garden variety"... Not "run of the mill"... Not common. You see what I'm saying.

Joel,

Doesn't all of this seem familiar? Well, I think I have an solution to the "multiple input" situation we have going on here. No razor. Make it a set! We all get one of each! Well, is SOUNDS so simple...

Randy

Top Bottom