What's new

B&B Forum Razor....

Certainly would be interested......will have to watch this space. A little disappointed about the slant though. I just bought one a few weeks ago....and I am hooked. A Slant would have been definate.

Regards
Brian

Joel,
Could you tell us how and when you (...or whomever...) will decide on the B & B razor? Are you going to wait until the required number of individuals indicate interest or commit to the razor? - I think it was approximately 25 needed to start the actual ordering.

NYLaw said:
I see what you're saying about the lined design, Rich... I guess I go back and forth. The lined chrome reminds me of many of the Merkurs that are out there, with the glossy chrome finish. Obviously the lines make it more unique and elegant; gives it some character, but there is some similarity when you're holding a chrome-colored metal razor in one's hand.

Rich, as you say above, there is something "seriously sexy" about the ebony... And also different from the garden variety DE razor.

AH! Good thing I'm not the one making the ultimate decision... In a moment of frenzied, joyous indecision, I'd say make a few versions of it and let forum members buy what they want to buy! (I know most of us would probably buy all of them!!!)

King Kyle: like you, I'd go after something that is different... Not "garden variety"... Not "run of the mill"... Not common. You see what I'm saying.
Hi Ben,
Would you identify which Merkurs look like the elegant chrome lined Chattsworth? It sure would save me a bundle of change to get a look-a-like.:mellow:

Ron... Primarily I was referring to the look of "holding a chrome-colored metal razor in one's hand" and how that'd be similar no matter the shape or design on the handle...

Having used the satin-finish Futur for weeks after using the Merkur HD for weeks, I suppose I'd admit there's obviously a difference, despite the fact that they're the same material.

My feeling, regarding a B&B razor, however, is just that I'd love to have something different, that stands out from the rest of the typical, more common razors available in shaving stores and online shaving sites.

(Although I'm sure you, Herr Razormeister, already knew that there is no Merkur that truly looks like the "elegant chrome lined Chattsworth"!)

NYLaw said:
Ron... Primarily I was referring to the look of "holding a chrome-colored metal razor in one's hand" and how that'd be similar no matter the shape or design on the handle...

Having used the satin-finish Futur for weeks after using the Merkur HD for weeks, I suppose I'd admit there's obviously a difference, despite the fact that they're the same material.

My feeling, regarding a B&B razor, however, is just that I'd love to have something different, that stands out from the rest of the typical, more common razors available in shaving stores and online shaving sites.

(Although I'm sure you, Herr Razormeister, already knew that there is no Merkur that truly looks like the "elegant chrome lined Chattsworth"!)
And soon I shall know about the feel too!:tongue_sm

Ron,

Do you mean that you ordered a Chattsworth OR that the B&B razor has been decided, and it's a Chattworth?

(If it's the former, I'd love to hear about the shave of the Chattsworth- the weight, touch, balance, etc.- compared to the line of Merkurs that you've used!!!)

(If it's the latter, I guess you can still count me in to order one...)

NYLaw said:
Ron,

Do you mean that you ordered a Chattsworth OR that the B&B razor has been decided, and it's a Chattworth?

(If it's the former, I'd love to hear about the shave of the Chattsworth- the weight, touch, balance, etc.- compared to the line of Merkurs that you've used!!!)

(If it's the latter, I guess you can still count me in to order one...)

I will forego the B&B Razor as I believe there is a definite bias towards the BULBOUS handle. While I have nothing against the bulbous, I am not very likely to display the Hunchback of Notre Dame in the shaving shack.:scared:

S

Sam

Depending on the design, I would be in. I use my slant bar for touch up and having a classy one, well that would be perfect. I am selling my Vision as that thing is too bulky. I had a thing for the Progress, thinking that plastic knob looked cheap. Well, after using some Gillettes, and they shave as well as the Vision, I like the lighter weight.

Sam

(oh, when i joined, it said who referred me. I could not split it between Andrew and Randy)

S

Sam

I read through the entire post: no Slant? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

And then the Plisson euro? Joel, you make shaving expensive, but fun, for me.

Sam

Sam, good to see you over here! Since it's looking less likely that the razor's going to materialize, you should console yourself by buying a new fountain pen!!

S

Sam

Nah, In fact, I got one for sale if anybody wants it. Gonna use the proceeds on a new brush, and maybe a razor.

sam

Looks like again - this company will be too great of a PITA to deal with. They require 4 figures up front, minimum order placement $ figures, no samples of the custom razor to be examined before the whole batch would be made, etc etc. I think it is too much a "pig in a poke" to advance on, as I think we'd be beggin' for trouble. Eh.... we'll see what else we can stir up.

S

Sam

Do you think Bernd could take something like the regular slant bar and custom a handle? He is in Germany and could maybe negotiate with Merkur to get just the heads?

Sam

Dont give up on this! I need a good razor to match my
BK8 ~! :o16: :o16:

Too bad , I think Joel is right way too big a gamble to plonk down 4 figures without a Beta version come on. this should be something of an Art esteem project for both parties were talking about Shaving not inventing new underwear.. tjeees ! :em3000:

Top Bottom