What's new

B&B Essential - Available (Link to buy in first post)

The reason I asked about the availability of the brushes above is, if there is one available that needs claiming, I was thinking about giving it a home. But, if you guys are still trying to work out how to get your hands on a brush that is already claimed (which seems to be the case???)........I was obviously going to steer clear.

If someone will let me know, either way, I'll act accordingly. I'm definitely not trying to profit off of someone's troubles, but I didn't want a BBE to just sit there, unused, due to difficulties.

D

Demonyc

Seems like the purchase link is broken
Access denied !
You are not allowed to access that resource!

Error ID: 44

Is this because they're all sold? Wasn't quite clear on that...

I think I might have purchased the last one.

well hold your breath. I still have not heard from anyone, OR had my money refunded, OR had the status of my order change to cancelled. But, living in Canada, any of these options is still possible.

Therefore, there MAY be a BBE available soon - if someone actually decides to let me know what is going on.

D

well hold your breath. I still have not heard from anyone, OR had my money refunded, OR had the status of my order change to cancelled. But, living in Canada, any of these options is still possible.

Therefore, there MAY be a BBE available soon - if someone actually decides to let me know what is going on.

D

I'm hoping I don't have this problem, as I'm in CONUS, but who knows.

D

Hi everyone who is not CONUS,

I did get a refund, but I never actually asked for one. Neither was I ever told what the hell was going on or that there would be an increase in shipping cost to me in Winnipeg.

What I did do, about a week ago, was send an email via the original ordering page, the "contact us" link, politely expressing my dismay of the situation and requesting an update as to what was going on. I never received a reply to that query. Instead, I received an automated email indicating my order had been cancelled, follow by an email from Paypal indicating I'd received a refund.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Hi everyone who is not CONUS,

I did get a refund, but I never actually asked for one. Neither was I ever told what the hell was going on or that there would be an increase in shipping cost to me in Winnipeg.

What I did do, about a week ago, was send an email via the original ordering page, the "contact us" link, politely expressing my dismay of the situation and requesting an update as to what was going on. I never received a reply to that query. Instead, I received an automated email indicating my order had been cancelled, follow by an email from Paypal indicating I'd received a refund.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Nope - still waiting to see what is going on with mine... no refund, no PM on how to reverse the transaction. Nada. Still waiting for my 2008LE as well.

will keep you all posted.

Latest update:
I received a "your order has been declined" from B&B and a paypal notice that my money had been refunded. As of today, Feb 15th. I ordered December 16th.

For my fellow canadians who have been sharing their stories with me - hang in there, you too will get your money back.

I am still waiting for my 2008LE, though, so no negative comments from me! :w00t:

Wonder why it took them an extra week to give you back your refund? Some of us got ours back last week already.
Maybe we should be asking for interest on our money? It was held for 2 months after all.

Last edited:
I think this whole episode should be filed under "No good dead goes unpunished" for Joel and the guys that worked so hard to put together the order for the B&B Essential brushes. Clearly there was a lack of communication for you folks outside the CONUS but give the guys a break - it's not like they have nothing else to do besides run the B&B board and put together brush orders for the members. They have real jobs, families and lives to attend to. I commend them for all their efforts.

I think this whole episode should be filed under "No good dead goes unpunished" for Joel and the guys that worked so hard to put together the order for the B&B Essential brushes. Clearly there was a lack of communication for you folks outside the CONUS but give the guys a break - it's not like they have nothing else to do besides run the B&B board and put together brush orders for the members. They have real jobs, families and lives to attend to. I commend them for all their efforts.

interestingly it has been implied to me that even though the comms were obviously not clear, it is my fault. I am afraid no commendations are forthcoming from me and others. if you cannot follow through on your obligations, then don't make them. I found this a most objectionable transaction, and will not be repeating it. (I know, I know - you wont miss me)

I feel safe in saying this because my LE finally arrived. Before you start telling me to give anyone a break - remember about 20 of us got no break whatsoever - no explainations, no PMs no answers to PMs, no communictions, no nothing. Not even an apology - just a well too bad you live in Canada... then some posted instructions, which some of us missed.

Don't feel you have to PM me with more vitriol either - my activity level will soon drop to pretty well zero and I won't be checking PMs.

Ta Ta

It's really too bad that this thread has gone sour. I know Joel and all the Mods put in allot of personal time and effort into the B&B endeavor. They work hard for all of us. I know it is frustrating for some, but patience is a virtue.

I really think that this thread should be blocked, there is no more useful information to come out of it. The situation is unfortunate but it is not the end of the world.

I really think that this thread should be blocked, there is no more useful information to come out of it. The situation is unfortunate but it is not the end of the world.

I think perhaps you are right. It appears that this thread has really just continued to "fan the flames" if you will.

Hi guys,

not to fan the flames, but is there any chance of a refund for this ?
I am in Europe and never received the brush.

I have disputed the transaction on paypal 6 weeks ago, but havent had a response, never mind a refund.

If the powers that be could see fit to process a refund, that would be just grand.

hmmm, still no reply, no pm, no brush and no refund. :confused:

this is not good guys :frown:

OK guys here is my take on all of this. Nick, Joel and the Mod Team do this for the love of this forum and their love of shaving and all things related. This is not a business for them. It is quite possible that they are tied up, busy or even out of town. Also, if you are in Europe it could take a great deal longer especially if customs in your country decides to sit on your brush a while. I had a Shavemac take 8 weeks to get to me because of customs and another that got to me in 10 days.

I recommend patience. I'm sure they will get back to you when they can. Just keep in mind the B&B is not a business.

It may not be a business, but a transaction has taken place. That is a contract between the buyer and B&B. If the goods cannot be delivered, have the decency to say so and refund the money.

I did get a refund, but nothing was ever said to me. I received a message from paypal indicating I had received a refund.

Mike

Top Bottom