What's new

B&B Essential - Available (Link to buy in first post)

Well if the extra 150 are available to the people who did not get on the pre-order, I will definitely buy one! Then I give my extra c&e bbb to my dad for x-mas and get this one as an extra brush!

Well if the extra 150 are available to the people who did not get on the pre-order, I will definitely buy one! Then I give my extra c&e bbb to my dad for x-mas and get this one as an extra brush!

Heh, you're possibly a bit confused. There were 2 brushes announced for 2008, the Essential and the 2008 Limited Edition.

There was no pre-order for the brush this thread's about, the Badger and Blade Essential. This brush was originally envisioned as the absolute best brush you could buy for $50. It was originally envisioned to be constantly available here on B&B, but unfortunately the second production run of the brush was extensively delayed and not consistent with the first run's quality. It's just been too much of a hassle for Joel and Nick, so there won't be any more production runs of the Essential. Bottom line, though: The "Series 2 Essential" is still a great value for a brush, even though it's not quite as good as the "Series 1". It's still better than the C&E BBB. Here's a small pic of the BBE prototype:
BBE2.jpg

The Badger and Blade 2008 Limited edition is a different animal. Joel and company set out to design the best brush available. This brush's high quality meant it came at a higher price (3 times the Essential's price), although it's still a steal when compared to other high-end brushes. This is the brush that had to be pre-ordered back in August, and is only now being shipped to the people who pre-ordered. According to Joel, he's very happy with the results. This is a pic of the 2008LE:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:

Looks good in the pic. I'm using the C&E BBB now, and just ordered a Shavemac because I was tired of waiting for the Essential.

Now I have to decide if I should buy the Essential anyway (DAMN YOU! :biggrin:).

You will like the brush. You are looking at one awesome travel brush if you do not think it is your favorite. I will not put my Savile Row in the belly of a plane to be molested by errant degenerates!:frown: Oh, sorry that was probably over the top!

Take Care,
Richard

For the people that didn't get on the 2nd batch pre-order and are awaiting instructions on how to purchase the remaining brushes, are we limited to quantities we can order? If not, I would love to be able to order 2 so I can give one as a gift.

Thanks,

Dennis

OOO I am getting that puppy. My parents don't really like it, I just got the BBB in the mail on Friday. As long as it has the clear hand and badger face on, ITS MINE!! Plus, I will not have to buy new brush for a LONG time.

For the people that didn't get on the 2nd batch pre-order and are awaiting instructions on how to purchase the remaining brushes, are we limited to quantities we can order? If not, I would love to be able to order 2 so I can give one as a gift.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis:
Scroll up and read my post with the pictures. The brush in this thread is not the B&B 2008 LE pictured on the front page of the site that required a pre-order. It's a completely different brush, the Badger and Blade Essential.

Right, I understand that. I thought that the 2nd batch of the BBE brushes also had people pre-order and on a list, thus the majority of it spoken for already. I assumed that this post was for the few remaining ones that weren't spoken for already. I didn't realize this entire 2nd batch of brushes are open to first come first served as soon as buying instructions are posted.

I guess my question still stands: are we allowed to buy more than one BBE brush?

--Dennis

Dennis,

There aren't restrictions on how many you can order. These would actually make pretty good stocking stuffers.

-Nick

Just so long as they are bought for personal use or gifts. I would hate to not be able to get one because someone bought a whole bunch so they could hold on to them and sell them later.

I'm in. I just hope I can get my order in before they're all gone.

My ISP at home is down right now, so I don't have online access as much as I'd like. (I'm logged in from the local library right now.) I'm trying to get back here at least once a day.

Top Bottom