What's new

B&B DVD Preview

Howdy All,

Joel and I have been working on the DVD (slowly but surely), and thought you might like to see a little bit of the work in progress.

I'm attaching a clip from the "Lathering with Shaving Soap" scene in which we show T & H, QED, and Tabac being lathered, all by different brushes so you can get an idea of how the various soaps lather, and also how various brushes react. For those who wish, the entire scene is also being included so you can watch the whole thing from start to finish. I've also attached two screenshots to give you guys a better idea of what the quality will look like when this thing is on DVD, and not constrained by the laws of downloading via the internet (specifically trying to keep it dial-up and server friendly).

The clip comes in two formats, each with their plusses and minusses. MPG is larger, but does not require any additional software to run it. AVI is smaller, but is encoded with the codec Divx, so if you choose to download the AVI, you have to first make sure you have Divx installed (http://divx.com). I'm displeased with the direction Divx has gone recently, and frankly, I can't entirely vouch for them and say they won't make you install ad-supported software, as I haven't installed their latest codec. You SHOULDN'T have a problem with it, and it should uninstall easily if you are displeased. But because I can't vouch for it, the caveat remains.

Now, this is just a little home-spun video, fueled with a love of shaving and a copious amount of beer, so it wasn't done by professionals on a set, just by some shavers in a bathroom.

Keep in mind, this is just one section of many, also on the DVD will be a product review, method shaving tutorial, review of the hot pot method, straight razor shaving, etc... If you have any documents that you think could be beneficial to the wet shaving community (and you are the owner or have permission to reproduce) send them on over, as we'd also like to include some helpful documents that can be viewed when the DVD is in a computer.

To view the clip, just right click, choose Save As, and voila.

Enjoy! :001_smile

-Nick

Partial Clip in MPG Format (34.9 MB)
Partial Clip in AVI Format (9.1 MB - Requires Divx)

The following are screenshots of a lather comparison, and a close-up of some lathered QED Lime:

Very nice Nick and Joel!

I was not able to turn up the volume as I am at work, but who is the actor? Joel or Nick?

AACJ said:
Very nice Nick and Joel!

I was not able to turn up the volume as I am at work, but who is the actor? Joel or Nick?

That is Joel, I'm the one behind the camera quietly cursing the creaky tripod. :glare:

:wink1:

-Nick

Nick said:
That is Joel, I'm the one behind the camera quietly cursing the creaky tripod. :glare:

-Nick
My goodness! See a doctor about that! For one so young to have a creaky tripod! I didn't develop one of those till I past 40! :wink1:
Good start. (I viewed the mpg) Audio was a bit low though.

guenron said:
My goodness! See a doctor about that! For one so young to have a creaky tripod! I didn't develop one of those till I past 40! :wink1:
Good start. (I viewed the mpg) Audio was a bit low though.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks like a very informative DVD. I'm new to wetshaving. I just received my Merkur HD Classic last weekend and have shaved about 3 times since. How can I order this DVD?

Nick said:

-Nick

Get yourself a Manfrotto Tripod, they do't squeak. I'd lend you one of mine if you weren't so far away!

Jonnybc said:
Get yourself a Manfrotto Tripod, they do't squeak. I'd lend you one of mine if you weren't so far away!

I could not agree more. I use a Manfrotto Tripod for my photography and it is, hands down, the best tripod that I've ever had the chance to get my hands on. There are no tripods that I could/would more strongly recommend.

Top Bottom